Thread: Bluetooth demo question

Hybrid View

Default Bluetooth demo question

Hello,
    I am thinking of doing a demo of blue snarfing / blue bugging or some other bluetooth attack for my networking class project.
    I currently do not own a bluetooth phone to attack. Does anyone know what phones a most vulnerable to these types of attacks and if it is possible to get them cheaply on ebay and attack them without actvating them with phone service?

Thanks

ps I would be doing this demo right next to my computer so do you think I could just use a BT100 without any external antenna or anything to do this demo?

ADMIN EDIT:
    Moved from the "How-to's & Guides" section.
    This is neither a "how-to" or a "guide" - it's a question!
    (FYI: The accepted use of the phrase "how-to" in as an intended step-by-step guide of how to do something)

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Upsman View Post
    Hello,
    I am thinking of doing a demo of blue snarfing / blue bugging or some other bluetooth attack for my networking class project.
    I currently do not own a bluetooth phone to attack. Does anyone know what phones a most vulnerable to these types of attacks and if it is possible to get them cheaply on ebay and attack them without actvating them with phone service?

Thanks

ps I would be doing this demo right next to my computer so do you think I could just use a BT100 without any external antenna or anything to do this demo?
    Didn't you already start a thread about this?

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/bt4...g-project.html
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Default no

No my other thread was for car whisperer. I dont think I will have the resources to do that one

The Nokia 6310/6310i models are good targets for the Bluebugger attack.

Default new one

Quote Originally Posted by or4n9e View Post
    The Nokia 6310/6310i models are good targets for the Bluebugger attack.
    If I buy a new one will it still have this flaw or will the firmware patch this? If the flaw is fixed is in possible to downgrade the firmware?

If I buy a new one will it still have this flaw or will the firmware patch this? If the flaw is fixed is in possible to downgrade the firmware?
    First of all, I doubt that Nokia ever patched the firmware properly, although this certainly is speculation. I just can tell you that I haven't seen a Nokia 6310/6310i that is not vulnerable to the Blugbugger attack yet - I mean it's a pretty old model anyway. What about buying a used one at ebay or so? If you just need it for demonstration purposes it does not need to be a brand new model. As of the firmware downgrading, I have to admit that I have no clue actually. Never dealed with this topic before - I'm sorry.