Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 294

Thread: Announcement: WEPBuster Beta Finally Released!

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
    Excellent work buddy, i'll wait here!
    Can you do me a favor tiptoe:

    I need the output of the following on your 3945 card:

    1. First, make sure the card is NOT in monitor mode, then do this:

    airmon-ng

    2. Then "airmon-ng start your_interface"


    3. Finally, just "airmon-ng".



    Just to see if steps 1 and 3 will produce different results. The sooner you can do this the better

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    63

    Default

    ok here ya go

    1. interface wlan0 chipset ipw3945ABG driver iwl3945 - [phy0]
    3. interface wlan0 chipset ipw3945ABG driver iwl3945 - [phy0]
    interface mon0 chipset ipw3945ABG driver iwl3945 - [phy0]


    Quote Originally Posted by wif1bust3r View Post
    Can you do me a favor tiptoe:

    I need the output of the following on your 3945 card:

    1. First, make sure the card is NOT in monitor mode, then do this:

    airmon-ng

    2. Then "airmon-ng start your_interface"


    3. Finally, just "airmon-ng".



    Just to see if steps 1 and 3 will produce different results. The sooner you can do this the better

  3. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Is there anyone who can give me the output of those three commands when using a wireless card that creates separate interface for monitor mode, using the stand alone driver (not the kernel built-in)?

  4. #34
    Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post
    How can it crack 2 routers both with different filtered macs at the same time
    I don't think that would be too hard to implement. Let's say you two access points, AP1 and AP2. Here's how you might do it:

    1) Send an 802.11 frame to AP1, specifying a valid MAC address as the source
    2) Change channel
    3) Send an 802.11 frame to AP2, specifying a valid MAC address as the source

    If two AP's were on the same channel, it would be even easier, and you could sniff frames from both AP's simultaneously.

    A network interface doesn't necessarily have a MAC address, it simply sends out frames that have a particular source address. If you're crafting your own frames, there's no reason you can't specify a different source MAC (as I do in my Internet Prober program).
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Just uploaded another beta release... with slightly improved wireless card detection through airmon-ng.. check out the project page.. Give me feedback if it worked for you!

  6. #36
    Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    863

    Default

    Regarding the need to edit and recompile airodump-ng, well have you considered shipping an aircrack-ng binary along with your program? Just save it in the same dictionary and give it a name like "aircrack_for_wepbuster".
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Regarding the need to edit and recompile airodump-ng, well have you considered shipping an aircrack-ng binary along with your program? Just save it in the same dictionary and give it a name like "aircrack_for_wepbuster".
    This is a good idea... I'll think about it.. By the way, I've just added the source to the SVN.. check out the latest revision in case the program sees only (wlan0/wlan0).. The tarball has been modified already. I've added a short troubleshooting page in the wiki as well.

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Hey,

    Just tried latest version and i get this

    Scanning channel 6 for wep-enabled access points
    .... no such file or directory at wepbuster line 1220, <ifconfig> line 7

    This happened for my ipw3945 and edimax 7318usg

  9. #39
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3

    Default FIX For Wepbuster under backtrack 4

    Hello,

    I did had some troubles running the beta version of wepbuster under backtrack 4. (version 1.0Beta0.2)

    Here are the fixes I did found :

    Line 1200 -> the airodump-ng command contain a parameter "-n" that does not exist in the airodump-ng distributed with backtracl. Just remove the -n and it's ok.

    Line 60 -> After that, when running command "airmon-ng start wlan0" , find the name of the monitoring interface (usualy "mon0" or "mon1") and replace the value "wlan0" with the one found before.

    This issue is maybe related to the type of card used (I'm using ath9k chipset)

    Systemic

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by systemic View Post
    Hello,

    I did had some troubles running the beta version of wepbuster under backtrack 4. (version 1.0Beta0.2)

    Here are the fixes I did found :

    Line 1200 -> the airodump-ng command contain a parameter "-n" that does not exist in the airodump-ng distributed with backtracl. Just remove the -n and it's ok.

    Line 60 -> After that, when running command "airmon-ng start wlan0" , find the name of the monitoring interface (usualy "mon0" or "mon1") and replace the value "wlan0" with the one found before.

    This issue is maybe related to the type of card used (I'm using ath9k chipset)

    Systemic

    You can actually set the wireless cards manually:

    $inject_iface
    $monitor_iface
    $macaddress (of $inject_iface)

    I see, aircrack-ng on backtrack 4 does not allow you not to save IVs
    I used -n during initial scan because airodump-ng does not really need the IVs yet, only the list of access points.

    So you did not recompile aircrack-ng and didn't get those unable to open CSV??

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •