Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: WEPBuster Beta Finally Released!

Developer

I did not include the wpa scipt in final. I will be redoing it to work with final. It already has a CUPP option by the way.

The reason I cant use this guys tool is because it only works with one interface which is not really use full on a distro. If he can make it work with like 4 or 5 major interfaces I will review it again.

wif1bust3r,
    All I can say wif1bust3r is "holy crap" This tool is over powered! A real time saver! I was in a hurry and had to leave my work place at 5pm. Your tool did not only auto smoke every wep AP at my job but every AP in the area!!! Scary stuff! I just looked at the screen when I went back to work and was speechless as I shook my head. Well you just put the last nail in wep it would seem. I have always had a problem with clocking. Did I get you right? Is this going to auto declock also...not hidden sssid? Hate looking for EAPOL stuff in wireshark. If you could get this to work on a few major interfaces that would be epic!

Thx for this uber tool!

All the best
    onryo
    Let me explain officer, I am not a hacker. I am a security tester of sorts!

Quote Originally Posted by onryo View Post
    wif1bust3r,
    All I can say wif1bust3r is "holy crap" This tool is over powered! A real time saver! I was in a hurry and had to leave my work place at 5pm. Your tool did not only auto smoke every wep AP at my job but every AP in the area!!! Scary stuff! I just looked at the screen when I went back to work and was speechless as I shook my head. Well you just put the last nail in wep it would seem. I have always had a problem with clocking. Did I get you right? Is this going to auto declock also...not hidden sssid? Hate looking for EAPOL stuff in wireshark. If you could get this to work on a few major interfaces that would be epic!

Thx for this uber tool!

All the best
    onryo

Dude, don't go smashing every AP you can find... Remember, with great power, comes... well, you know the rest! =)

If you know the client's AP macaddresses, just put them in "known_ap.txt" and the script will ignore everything that's not listed. Also, if for some out of this world reason, an AP is causing trouble to wepbuster, just put it in "bad_ap.txt" and it will safely ignore that AP. Regarding wepcloacking, to be honest, it's not really that difficult to implement it. I was just too eager to release the beta version. If you will look at the code, I have prepared a portion for it. In case the key is less than 100% decrypted correctly, we can easily fork the airdecloak-ng to decrypt the key as correctly as possible. The only problem is, there is no way for me to test it. I don't think I would have any chance to play with any wep cloacking equipment.
    If you can help in testing on other interfaces, that would be a great help. Just document everything you have and let everyone know if you find something... i'll be right here..

I tested this out on a box at work that had ubuntu Hardy and used the r8187. All worked well...to well . Just booted up BT4 and gave it a go. Had to rmmod rtl8187 and modprobe r8187. I have both on my system. The newer rtl8187 comes with BT4. A simple "airmon-ng" shows the driver is now r8187. Still using the same Alfa AWUS036H.

OK no warnings now and I see the "crack" as the program starts scanning. The weird thing is that it does not find any wep APs. I did a quick "airodump-ng --encrypt wep wlan0" and can see there are tons of them around me. Since I have a rather complex side project that uses airodump-ng, I don't want to mess anything up in that framework. Thus I did not change the cap update to 2 seconds. Could that be the problem?

All the best
    onryo
    Let me explain officer, I am not a hacker. I am a security tester of sorts!

Quote Originally Posted by onryo View Post
    OK no warnings now and I see the "crack" as the program starts scanning. The weird thing is that it does not find any wep APs. I did a quick "airodump-ng --encrypt wep wlan0" and can see there are tons of them around me. Since I have a rather complex side project that uses airodump-ng, I don't want to mess anything up in that framework. Thus I did not change the cap update to 2 seconds. Could that be the problem?

All the best
    onryo
    It could be.. actually, I think I should make that modification to the aircrack-ng source a requirement. How about you try recompiling your aircrack? It shouldn't be that difficult to recompile it again later if you want. Also when running the tool, try opening a terminal and see if you can find any aircrack processes, e.g, "ps ax |grep air && ps ax |grep perl". On initial run you should see one airodump process running and you should see several perl processes and at least three aircrack processes when injection begins (aireplay(fakeauth), aireplay(arpreplay), and airodump)

Hi wif1bust3r!

Firstly thanks for a neat tool which i can hopefully enjoy some more if i can fix the error which is the same as the other person in this thread except ifconfig line 7?

Alli i run is perl wepbuster as root?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
    Hi wif1bust3r!

Firstly thanks for a neat tool which i can hopefully enjoy some more if i can fix the error which is the same as the other person in this thread except ifconfig line 7?

Alli i run is perl wepbuster as root?

thanks in advance
    Ok. seems like nobody is going to volunteer. I'll try my best to make this program work for all cards of which the drivers are listed in aircrack-ng.org. I don't have the actual cards, I will just base it on the commands that each card requires before it can be used. Wish me luck. =)

Is that why you think i'm getting the error? the card im using is a ipw3945 in a Dell laptop, what can i do to help? Happy to be your guinnea pig to get this working?

Quote Originally Posted by wif1bust3r View Post
    Ok. seems like nobody is going to volunteer. I'll try my best to make this program work for all cards of which the drivers are listed in aircrack-ng.org. I don't have the actual cards, I will just base it on the commands that each card requires before it can be used. Wish me luck. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
    Is that why you think i'm getting the error? the card im using is a ipw3945 in a Dell laptop, what can i do to help? Happy to be your guinnea pig to get this working?

Just want to let everyone know that I'm making a good progress.. This time, i'm parsing the output of airmon-ng.. The script can now detect the cards properly, even if the card is using a different interface for monitoring. After this is done, it the script should work on all interface. Will upload an updated script shortly.. stay tuned. =)

Excellent work buddy, i'll wait here!

Quote Originally Posted by wif1bust3r View Post
    Just want to let everyone know that I'm making a good progress.. This time, i'm parsing the output of airmon-ng.. The script can now detect the cards properly, even if the card is using a different interface for monitoring. After this is done, it the script should work on all interface. Will upload an updated script shortly.. stay tuned. =)

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast