Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: WEPBuster Beta Finally Released!

Just burned his ISO

Cool help needed

sorry for this ...

can anybody tell me how to scan channel 8 using wepbuster...

or

is it not possible ??

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlCh3MiSt291 View Post
    sorry for this ...
    can anybody tell me how to scan channel 8 using wepbuster...
    or is it not possible ??
    What did your research tell you ?
    You did read the documentation right?

EDIT: Do not create multiple posts with the same question. Re-read the rules you agreed to when you joined.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Default sorry

i did that post agian bcoz ..i cant see my post in the wireless section....

i read the documents ...but is there any way to scan please...reply..

WHere can i see the posts i made...

WHere can i see the posts i made...
    Within your first three days you wont be able to see your posts until they have been approved by a moderator. Once we approve them they will appear in the appropriate thread/forum in which you posted. After your first three days your posts will appear immediately.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Smile can anybody give me a reply.

i have a simple question ..

i read the manual of wepbuster ....

my question is that is there any means to choose the channel that wepbuster scans...

ie can we change the code by some means so that wepbuster scans the channel that we wishes to..

[ the reason for this is that ... all the wep protected channels in my region is in channel 8 , 5 , 3 etc and wepbuster wont scans those channels and it will tak a long time for me to manually scan and break each channel ]

can anybody help ...just give some guidance ,,,so stipid replies like read the manual etc..

i have a simple question ..

i read the manual of wepbuster ....

my question is that is there any means to choose the channel that wepbuster scans...

ie can we change the code by some means so that wepbuster scans the channel that we wishes to..

[ the reason for this is that ... all the wep protected channels in my region is in channel 8 , 5 , 3 etc and wepbuster wont scans those channels and it will tak a long time for me to manually scan and break each channel ]

can anybody help ...just give some guidance ,,,so stipid replies like read the manual etc..

How many times do you need to be told not to post the same question more than once? Check your private messages for an infraction.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Default wepbuster updated to 0.7!!!

Greetings!

A new version of wepbuster has been uploaded. Not much changes on the wep cracking side. Since everyone is talking about WPA cracking nowadays, I thought, I'd add something to wepbuster that can be used for WPA cracking.

Current version: 0.7
    Changes since 0.6:

- added "yet another" wordlist generator
    - added embedded documentation
    - miscellaneous code cleanup

Type "perl wepbuster --man" for more details.

Visit the project page for a quick overview of new features and added requirements:

wepbuster - Project Hosting on Google Code

ciao!
    -wif1bust3r

In your region? Do you own all these WEP protected channels in your 'region'? I'm assuming no. Attempting to gain access to APs that you do not own (not to be confused with pwn) is illegal. Re-read the forums rules plz.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Just burned his ISO

I am having problems getting wepbuster to run. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

A few months ago I used an older version of wepbuster with no problems. I didn't have linux installed so I used VMware and bt4 pre-final. At this time I think the oldest version was .4 or .5, so all I had to do was copy the precomplied aircrack, aireplay, airodump files and it worked.

So, now I have installed bt4-pre-final to a separate partition. For some reason I can't get any version of wepbuster to work. I always get the error message "Cannot open airodump output."

Here is what I have tried:

Trying to run the current version of wepbuster:
    I installed all of the necessary perl modules, downloaded the latest version of aircrack, followed their instructions to compile it, and copied the files to /usr/local/sbin. (I checked with the command where aircrack-ng,airdump etc. and all are being executed from this path).

At first, it finds my internal wireless card and tries to scan, but fails with the message "Cannot open airodump output: No such file or directory."

So, knowing I got it to work before, I tried almost all of the old versions. I copied the pre-compiled files given on the google code page to /local/sbin/ but the error message does not change.

I cannot figure out why it was working before but not now. There are some differences:
    1. Used vmware before, now it is installed to the hd
    2. Used a USB Alfa AWUS036H before, now using internal wireless adapter.

Could this be happening because of my internal wireless adapter? I thought before it was just a problem with vmware recognizing the adapter. Unfortunately I don't have the usb adapter to test it.

My next idea is to either try vmware again, or install linux without using the bt4 version. Before I try that, does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Nicole

Just burned his ISO newquaymarc's Avatar

Default stick my neck out for flak

ok ive goto ask
    yes ive done i dont know how many searches before asking this

i cannot find the pre reqs
    i need range.pm
    sorry im a newbie but i have tried looking but im now stumped
    is there an apt-get for this?
    i just cannot get the new version to run without this module
    all the others are working great.