Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: WEPBuster Beta Finally Released!

Just burned his ISO

Glad to see a new version! kudos!

I'm trying to run it on BT4 Pre with no modifications.
    Version 0.5b worked great.

When running 1.0-b, i get:

Code:
    ./wepbuster 
    Can't locate Expect.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./wepbuster line 5.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./wepbuster line 5.
    EDIT:

I verified Expect.pm, perl modules and readkey are all installed correctly.

I'm still getting that error.

EDIT2:

Got it to work, but now im getting this:
    Code:
    Pwning "lol" (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx)     Tue Jul 14 01:47:45 2009
    Checking for mac filtering...
    Can't associate. aireplay-ng died!

01:47:55  No such BSSID available.

Try running this command manually:

"aireplay -1 1 -a xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx mon0 -e "lol" -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 2>&1"
    Is it possible that, that's a typo? "aireplay" instead of "aireplay-ng"

Shibbz

Quote Originally Posted by shibbz View Post
    Glad to see a new version! kudos!

I'm trying to run it on BT4 Pre with no modifications.
    Version 0.5b worked great.

When running 1.0-b, i get:

Code:
    ./wepbuster 
    Can't locate Expect.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./wepbuster line 5.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./wepbuster line 5.
    EDIT:

I verified Expect.pm, perl modules and readkey are all installed correctly.

I'm still getting that error.

EDIT2:

Got it to work, but now im getting this:

Code:
    Pwning "lol" (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx)     Tue Jul 14 01:47:45 2009
    Checking for mac filtering...
    Can't associate. aireplay-ng died!

01:47:55  No such BSSID available.

Try running this command manually:

"aireplay -1 1 -a xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx mon0 -e "lol" -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 2>&1"
    Is it possible that, that's a typo? "aireplay" instead of "aireplay-ng"

Shibbz
    The typo was just on the error message. You can have a look inside the script to see the actual command. "No such BSSID available" is the actual error produced by aireplay-ng.

Sometimes for some reasons, I think my wireless card(alfa) gets sort of tired after running wepbuster repeatedly for long period because wepbuster randomly selects an access point when it is cracking so it's constantly changing the channel setting. When I reached the point where wepbuster does the rebroadcast attack and at some point later I decided to skip the AP by pressing enter, the script has to kill 4 processes, the arp replay attack (aireplay-ng -3), fake auth (aireplay-ng -1 900), airodump-ng, and the rebroadcast (aireplay-ng -2). After this, it has to select another random AP so it will adjust the channel setting appropriately to match the next AP. Then this error "No such BSSID" error happens. So what I did was insert a 10-second sleep after a rebroadcast process has finished executing.

When you run wepbuster inside a slow vmware virtual machine, you'll notice that IV counts or the dots do not display as fast as they should. Also after wepbuster has been running for a few minutes and I decided to hit CTRL+C, the next time I run wepbuster immediately, the initial scan will go insanely fast. The six seconds scan duration for each channel will only take about 3 to 4 seconds to complete.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by wif1bust3r View Post
    The typo was just on the error message. You can have a look inside the script to see the actual command. "No such BSSID available" is the actual error produced by aireplay-ng.

Sometimes for some reasons, I think my wireless card(alfa) gets sort of tired after running wepbuster repeatedly for long period because wepbuster randomly selects an access point when it is cracking so it's constantly changing the channel setting. When I reached the point where wepbuster does the rebroadcast attack and at some point later I decided to skip the AP by pressing enter, the script has to kill 4 processes, the arp replay attack (aireplay-ng -3), fake auth (aireplay-ng -1 900), airodump-ng, and the rebroadcast (aireplay-ng -2). After this, it has to select another random AP so it will adjust the channel setting appropriately to match the next AP. Then this error "No such BSSID" error happens. So what I did was insert a 10-second sleep after a rebroadcast process has finished executing.

When you run wepbuster inside a slow vmware virtual machine, you'll notice that IV counts or the dots do not display as fast as they should. Also after wepbuster has been running for a few minutes and I decided to hit CTRL+C, the next time I run wepbuster immediately, the initial scan will go insanely fast. The six seconds scan duration for each channel will only take about 3 to 4 seconds to complete.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

I must admit it works much better than .5b
    I didn't think you could improve it any more, but you did.

I set up 3 routers last night about 50m apart from each other, with concrete walls seperating them. All 3 were cracked (128bit) within 9 minutes. I wish I had recorded it.

Very impressed. Thanks again!

Just burned his ISO

I have been able to get WEPBuster working on BT4 live DVD boot, but cannot for the life of me get it working on a USB install. It always does the "Starting to crack" and then immediately "Stopping all forks".

I have rebuilt this install using suggestions from this thread 4 times now, and wonder if anyone else has been successful with a persistent USB install.

I know it is a bit to ask, but can someone give a step by step of how to:

Install BT4 latest to USB with persistent changes
    Install WEPBuster & do any/all updates to make it work, including aircrack-ng & Perl modules

I would be extremely grateful. I am probably missing one step somewhere. I appreciate this tool so much for automating this process. It makes live demonstrations during client meetings so much easier.

Thanks!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefireking View Post
    I am probably missing one step somewhere.
    Yep, you forgot to use the search function.
    There are tutorials on how to install BT.
    There is also a thread on using wepbuster.
    Remote Exploit Forums - Search Forums
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

That was the most insightful reply I have ever seen! Wow, I would have never thought to use the search?!?

Um, yeah, that's how I have done my multiple install attempts, by following all of the posts I can find. That is why I am asking for someone who has been successful with this setup to give a step-by-step, so that it might help not only me, but others that are struggling to be able to use this great tool.

Developer

If you would have actually used the search button you would also know that I added wepbuster to the repo 2 weeks ago. All you need to do is apt-get install wepbuster.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    If you would have actually used the search button you would also know that I added wepbuster to the repo 2 weeks ago. All you need to do is apt-get install wepbuster.
    I will immediately try that. I knew it had been added, however, I didn't know what commands brought it into BT4. Thanks for mentioning the command.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefireking View Post
    That was the most insightful reply I have ever seen! Wow, I would have never thought to use the search?!?

Um, yeah, that's how I have done my multiple install attempts, by following all of the posts I can find. That is why I am asking for someone who has been successful with this setup to give a step-by-step, so that it might help not only me, but others that are struggling to be able to use this great tool.
    It was insightful considering there is an entire section on tutorial at this forum and as such there are several threads on how to install.
    As for wepbuster the app has been added to the repos.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I was able to do the apt-get install wepbuster, and all looked well, until I got to "Counting IVs...(hit ENTER to skip this AP)" and then immediately
    "Stopping all forks..."

Tried it with 2 different usb wireless cards (have used both to crack this test wifi manually). Any ideas? I can post debug if it would be helpful.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast