Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: WEPBuster Beta Finally Released!

Developer

If you can make it work with any interface I would consider adding it to backtrack.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post
    Yeh I figured, I was just being a smart ass, and no one likes smart asses do they? I actually forgot to congatulate you on your first open project well done, Im going to fire it up now as i have the exact same hardware as you tested on
    They say it is better to be smart ass then to be dumb ass or jack ass

This sounds like a nice proggie. Will have to hook up a couple spare routers to test this.

I made suggested modifications to airodump and aircrack file

Scanning channel 6 for WEP-enabled Access Points
    ............No such file or directory at wepbuster line 1147, <IFCONFIG> line 8.
    bt wepbuster-1.0_beta #

It shouldn't be that difficult to troubleshoot this. On line 1147, it is trying to open a file, the output of airodump. Seems like there is no output at all. Did you check your interface if it is actually present?? You said you're using the same card as mine (r8187). When you start the script, the card being used should appear opposite the "MODE: crack ----> using: wlan0 == 00:C0:xx:xx:xx

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    If you can make it work with any interface I would consider adding it to backtrack.

In the program, the way I'm auto detecting the interface is by reading the /proc/net/wireless (not sure if every linux distro has that file though). The program gets either the first, or the last, in case you have multiple interfaces.
    Also, some cards require few more commands before you can start them up. It shouldn't be that difficult to write a function that takes an interface name as an argument and execute the necessary commands to set the card before proceeding. e.g, "iwpriv rfmontx 1" etc. In my case with alfa (r8187) i don't have to do anything but to make sure the driver is loaded. Don't even have to put it in monitor mode since airodump does this automatically. Others can really contribute to this if they have different cards than mine.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

I edited the script to manually select card no luck though, Im currently connected to an AP would you like me to release that connection, ill download the script fresh again, also would u like me to iwconfig wlan0 up before executing it and/or call up or stop drivers with airmon
    p.s I only have the internal laptop card and the 036h so before messing around with anything i just tried uncommenting the "last" line to select the other interface, received same output .
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    I like it, nice and simple, and a decent interface. Dont really have much time to give it a go but ill throw it in a folder for when i get bored one day.

I wonder tho since i did check out the videos, does it also break 128bit keys as you only showed 64bit keys being broken and you have no mention of it being interchangeable.

cheers and keep up the wonderful work.

It doesn't matter whether the AP is using 64 bit or 128. Cracking begins whenever the min_iv count variable has been reached. By default it was set to 15k IVs because some 64 bit APs can be cracked with as little as that. The side effect of this however when facing a 128bit AP, IV counting (IV counts being displayed)will stop and aircrack-ng does its thing in the background. So you won't have any idea how many IVs you have collected so far until the key is found.

I edited the script to manually select card no luck though, Im currently connected to an AP would you like me to release that connection, ill download the script fresh again, also would u like me to iwconfig wlan0 up before executing it and/or call up or stop drivers with airmon
    p.s I only have the internal laptop card and the 036h so before messing around with anything i just tried uncommenting the "last" line to select the other interface, received same output .
    Could it be that some other programs are messing with the wireless card? Like a network manager or something? Try a clean box, not connected to any AP with only that card present. If you have an internal card and you can unload the driver, much better. Let me know if that works for you..

Nope no network manager, Its definitely clean its a live distro received same error "killed"
    again no "using: wlan0 == xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" to be seen anywhere

How about exact instructions on how you do it from terminal
    from unzipping to executing.

Nope no network manager, Its definitely clean its a live distro received same error "killed"
    again no "using: wlan0 == xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" to be seen anywhere

How about exact instructions on how you do it from terminal
    from unzipping to executing.
    I wouldn't really try it on a live distro yet. Live distros have different file arrangements (maybe :-) ).

The following setup is guaranteed to work:

1. Ubuntu Linux. (whether inside vmware or not)
    2. Latest aircrack-ng (with modifications to aircrack-ng.c/airodump-ng.h)
    3. Alfa AWUS036H with driver (r8187, old not the new linux kernel built-in) obtained from aircrack-ng.org
    4. macchanger
    5. Term::ReadKey (obtained from search.cpan.org)
    6. DHCLIENT (optional if you're only cracking)
    6. Root privilege
    7. Writable directory

Quote Originally Posted by wif1bust3r View Post
    I wouldn't really try it on a live distro yet. Live distros have different file arrangements (maybe :-) ).
    Exactly but you do realize how many users of backtrack use it live don't you? Ill see if I can change some paths in the script and get back to you. P.S Pureh@te it doesnt look like it will getting built in to live as of yet. Further P.S anyone with some spare time should jump aboard this little project, would be a nice little feature, for demo purposes. Hey client watch this every ap in your dumb ass business crumbling before my almighty alfa

Exactly but you do realize how many users of backtrack use it live don't you? Ill see if I can change some paths in the script and get back to you.
    This is why I have created a thread like this here, and released it as a beta version. If you can help, everyone will surely benefit. Make sure to document everything you've done. Including your test environment, the equipments used, errors encountered, work arounds (if you have discovered any), etc. As the admin said, this program might make it to the next release of backtrack, so everyone must help if we want to make it on time. I only have limited equipments to test. The program should work without a glitch if you have a proper wireless card, that has been set up prior to running the program. It also calls aircrack-ng programs by the names and not by exact path so adjustments should be made, e.g, add this directory to the list of executable directories for your shell, etc. It shouldn't be that difficult to understand what each portion of the code is doing, as I have put as much comments in it as I could.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I wonder is your WPA script included in the final?

If this can be modified for use with the live cd and any adapter i think you should consider combining the 2. Would be nice to have a 1script wonder for all WAP testing. CUPP could also be easily integrated.

One more thing, cybrsniper has a nice little wep auto hack script you might want to take a look at. There might be some things you can cut and paste to make this more versatile.

I'd offer my help but sadly this is completely out of my range for the moment.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast