Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: WEPBuster Beta Finally Released!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by wif1bust3r View Post
    Perhaps you should also consider installing the required perl module which was clearly shown in the error you got. No, I'm not going to tell you that it is Expect.pm. I don't think I mentioned that it the README.TXT, did I?
    =)
    Yeah.. I see that this latest v.6 does require lots more stuff that bt3 and bt4 beta don't include. Since installing perl modules is a bit more than I am capable of doing in linux I will just stick to using the aircrack suite without your handy script.

Thanks for all your work though. I'm sure those with more linux experience than I will have no problem getting it to work. As for me, I'll just stick with what I know.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jayman007 View Post
    Since installing perl modules is a bit more than I am capable of doing in linux I will just stick to using the aircrack suite without your handy script.
    Your never going to learn if you don't try.
    Perl module install under Ubuntu - David Yin's Blog

How to install perl modules through CPAN on ubuntu hardy server « JUST OPEN SOURCE MATTERS!

Installing perl modules is generally pretty easy and straight forward.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

Yeah.. I see that this latest v.6 does require lots more stuff that bt3 and bt4 beta don't include. Since installing perl modules is a bit more than I am capable of doing in linux I will just stick to using the aircrack suite without your handy script.

Thanks for all your work though. I'm sure those with more linux experience than I will have no problem getting it to work. As for me, I'll just stick with what I know.
    You probably shouldn't be using backtrack

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    You probably shouldn't be using backtrack
    I have no problem running the aircrack suite from the command line to test my network security. That is what I use backtrack for and have no issues doing so. If I don't have the linux knowledge (yet) to get some AIO script to work then I'll either figure out how to do so or I won't use that script.

I see lots of folks posting on these boards that are not linux gurus and if I knew that my post showing the error I received when I ran the latest version of this script was going to bring me the wrath of the linux experts I would have just kept my mouth shut and let guys like Tiptoe ask all the newbe questions.

I see lots of folks posting on these boards that are not linux gurus and if I knew that my post showing the error I received when I ran the latest version of this script was going to bring me the wrath of the linux experts I would have just kept my mouth shut and let guys like Tiptoe ask all the newbe questions.
    I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. =) Seriously though, other folks you've mentioned have showed that at least they've tried something and that they are willing to help themselves before seeking for someone else's. Ask yourself, what else did you try other than mentioning that you've ran the script and you got that particular error? I thought you've been reading the readme file for every release? How come you have not read about the requirements in order to make the script work? In the previous READMEs, I even mentioned quick instructions on how to install those modules. Someone even generously gave you references in order to learn the stuff. I bet you didn't even bother clicking on those links, did you?

So you said you'll just stick to what you know. That's sad.. =( But it's up to you man.. it's your life anyway.

ciao!

Just burned his ISO

I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. =) Seriously though, other folks you've mentioned have showed that at least they've tried something and that they are willing to help themselves before seeking for someone else's. Ask yourself, what else did you try other than mentioning that you've ran the script and you got that particular error? I thought you've been reading the readme file for every release? How come you have not read about the requirements in order to make the script work? In the previous READMEs, I even mentioned quick instructions on how to install those modules. Someone even generously gave you references in order to learn the stuff. I bet you didn't even bother clicking on those links, did you?

So you said you'll just stick to what you know. That's sad.. =( But it's up to you man.. it's your life anyway.

ciao!
    Well thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion. I have been reading the README for the previous versions I have tried (not every one) and since I am unaware of exactly what perl modules are included with bt3 and that bt3 was running the previous versions without that error I got confused that the latest version was requiring modules that the previous versions did not. Once again I am learning here. I apologize if I jumped the gun on posting the error I received. I have followed the links that were posted on how to install the perl modules into ubuntu but honestly I don't think that's what bt3 runs. Since bt3 is all I have setup right now to run persistent on my USB stick and I don't have a LAN to plug my laptop in right now I'm kinda limited with what I can do at the moment.

Since I was able to understand how to use all the individual aircrack suite tools from the command line in BT3 I will continue to use those till I have the time and resources to learn what I need to get done to run your handy script. In the meantime I am happy to learn what steps you are taking in the script and I can just run those from the command line myself.

This is a learning process for me and I do appreciate all the helpful posts from members including yourself. Keep up the good works as I'm certain there are many ppl in the community that are looking for a simple script they can run and then sit back and wait for the results. I have many friends that are not willing to take the time to learn how to use the individual apps to do what script does. Your script will be perfect for them (given they are handed the correct environment to start with). I'm sure that once I download the latest bt4 that running your script will be a breeze. Until then, I will keep reading and adding to my knowledge. I will also try and keep from posting any error here until I have exhausted my search for the answer (was not at all the case here).

Just burned his ISO

Haven't seen this addressed yet.

Code:
    << DEBUG >>: RUNNING "aireplay -1 1 -a 00:0B:23:ED:0F:1A wlan0 -e "testopenwep" -h xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx 2>&1|"...
    << DEBUG >>: SLEEPING FOR 3 SECONDS...
    << DEBUG >>: READING STDOUT OF AIREPLAY-NG CHILD PROCESS VIA PREAUTH_IPC...
    Undefined subroutine &main::aitpid called at /usr/local/bin/wepbuster line 739, <PREAUTH_IPC> line 10.
    lspci says:
    03:07.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)

Using:
    wepbuster-1.0_beta_0.6
    Aircrack-ng 1.0 rc3 r1578 (unpatched)

airmon-ng output

# airmon-ng && airmon-ng start wlan0 && airmon-ng

Interface Chipset Driver
    wlan0 Broadcom b43 - [phy0]
    Found 1 processes that could cause trouble.
    If airodump-ng, aireplay-ng or airtun-ng stops working after
    a short period of time, you may want to kill (some of) them!

PID Name
    21340 wpa_supplicant
    Process with PID 21340 (wpa_supplicant) is running on interface wlan0

Interface Chipset Driver
    (monitor mode enabled on mon0)

Interface Chipset Driver
    mon0 Broadcom b43 - [phy0]

I hope this useful. I've read through the ~20 pages in this threadm I"m pretty tired though, I've read README and the wiki/faq and haven't seen anything to point me in the right direction. I"vew verified my router otherwise works, and currently it's wep, open 64-bit hex.

I was careful to clean out "ps ax" of any perl + air stuff. Adapter goes in monitor mode and creates the mon0 adapter cleanly.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by arthurbunsky View Post
    Haven't seen this addressed yet.

Code:
    << DEBUG >>: RUNNING "aireplay -1 1 -a 00:0B:23:ED:0F:1A wlan0 -e "testopenwep" -h xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx 2>&1|"...
    << DEBUG >>: SLEEPING FOR 3 SECONDS...
    << DEBUG >>: READING STDOUT OF AIREPLAY-NG CHILD PROCESS VIA PREAUTH_IPC...
    Undefined subroutine &main::aitpid called at /usr/local/bin/wepbuster line 739, <PREAUTH_IPC> line 10.
    Thanks!
    Could be a perl issue. Which version are you using? I didn't see that error using 5.8.8 and 5.10. Also, are you sure you're using aircrack-ng rc3? I wonder how airodump-ng handled that --output-format option...

Just burned his ISO

Could be a perl issue. Which version are you using?
    I've got v5.10.0

Also, are you sure you're using aircrack-ng rc3? I wonder how airodump-ng handled that --output-format option...
    Just checked, aircrack-ng is 1.0 rc3 r1578.

As for how aiirodump-ng handles the --output-format option, it looks pretty clean. I try:
    Code:
    airodump-ng mon0 -t wep -c  11  --output-format csv -w TESTTEST
    It starts up cleanly and dumps the file TESTTEST in a csv format.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurbunsky View Post
    I've got v5.10.0

Just checked, aircrack-ng is 1.0 rc3 r1578.

As for how aiirodump-ng handles the --output-format option, it looks pretty clean. I try:
    Code:
    airodump-ng mon0 -t wep -c  11  --output-format csv -w TESTTEST
    It starts up cleanly and dumps the file TESTTEST in a csv format.
    How about the standard perl libraries. Do you have all of them? Can you provide some more information about the system you are using? You can also add a "use diagnostics;" to the script then try running it again, see if you'll see something different. By the way, the script was tested on aircrack-ng 1.0 rc4 r1579.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast