Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcement: WEPBuster Beta Finally Released!

Just burned his ISO

Checking for mac filtering...Trying to associate...aireplay-ng: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by aireplay-ng)

Can't associate. aireplay-ng died!

Quote Originally Posted by zentaa View Post
    ah okay, i see.

another question, i saw you mentioned if there is any bad APs, then you could just put the bssid in bad_ap.txt.
    i did that, created a txt file, put a bssid in it, and then put it in same folder as the perl script. but the perl script didnt even ignore the specified AP.

BSSIDs should be written like this: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (case insensitive).

So I have been messing with wepbuster for a couple of days now, works great. I have a vostro 1510 that I am using BT4 on dual booting with Windows XP. I had a broadcom wireless built in on the laptop. I used a Hawking USB HWUG1 and worked great with it. I wanted to remove the broadcom card out of the laptop and installed a Intel 4965AGN card. The card works fine with BT4 but when using it with wepbuster I keep getting this:

Pwning "linksys" (00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX) Wed Jun 17 20:27:19 2009
    Checking for mac filtering... NONE!! =)
    Trying to associate... SUCCESS!!!
    Starting to inject...
    Sending Deauth...
    Counting IVs...(hit ENTER to skip this AP)
    Stopping all forks...

But the wierd thing is that it does it with the intel and hawking cards. If I remove the Intel card, the Hawking will work fine again. Not sure what is causing this problem. Wanted to see if anyone can help me with this. Also when trying a hidden ssid I get this error:

Pwning "" (00:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX) Thu Jun 18 01:44:25 2009
    Checking for mac filtering...sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
    Trying to associate...sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

Any help would be great. Thankx

Quote Originally Posted by arche View Post

Also when trying a hidden ssid I get this error:

Is it the same "linksys" SSID you found using your other cards? If not, let me get back to the script and see if I can make a fix for this. I must have messed up with regular expressions trying to handle SSIDs with special characters..

Also when trying a hidden ssid I get this error:

This is weird.. I just tested an AP with a hidden SSID, and wepbuster didn't throw that error. Can you comment line 531 (that is, if you're using the latest version), and once wepbuster is finished scanning for APs, hit CTRL+C and inspect the contents of chanX-01.csv and try to look for that particular AP and see what the SSID looks like? Also, try to run the script again and increase the scan_duration to maybe 10 or 15.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by wif1bust3r View Post
    BSSIDs should be written like this: XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (case insensitive).
    well i just copied directly off airodump-ng

so i don't think i got it wrong

Is it the same "linksys" SSID you found using your other cards? If not, let me get back to the script and see if I can make a fix for this. I must have messed up with regular expressions trying to handle SSIDs with special characters..
    It is the same AP, I just made the ssid non broadcast. The only card I have working with wepbuster is the Hawking USB. Do you have any thoughts for the intel card issue?

Thanks

This is weird.. I just tested an AP with a hidden SSID, and wepbuster didn't throw that error. Can you comment line 531 (that is, if you're using the latest version), and once wepbuster is finished scanning for APs, hit CTRL+C and inspect the contents of chanX-01.csv and try to look for that particular AP and see what the SSID looks like? Also, try to run the script again and increase the scan_duration to maybe 10 or 15.
    I will have to try this in a couple of hours as I am at a clients at the moment. I am also using the latest version.

It is the same AP, I just made the ssid non broadcast. The only card I have working with wepbuster is the Hawking USB. Do you have any thoughts for the intel card issue?

Thanks

I'm not sure about the Intel card issue. I never had that issue before. Try putting the ap in known_ap.txt and run wepbuster repeatedly. Also try reloading the drivers before each run and see if you will always get the same results.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by zentaa View Post
    well i just copied directly off airodump-ng

so i don't think i got it wrong
    please help me, there is a certain ap that makes the whole script freeze for me

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast