Thread: Customising BackTrack Live CD the Easy Way

Default Customising BackTrack Live CD the Easy Way

I’ve automated the customising process of the livecd to a convenient script which can be run on the BT4 Pre final (and future) release. This script sets up a build environment for you and drops you off in a modifiable chroot. You update, upgrade, add, remove packages, and then exit the shell. The script goes [...]

More...

Awesome stuff!

Just burned his ISO

Thanks muts, just a question .. is there a future in this script to install the bt4 final without need the cd live ? like ubuntu or centos ...

./j0

=D yeah man that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Reeth View Post
    =D yeah man that would be great
    Please watch your language, first and last warning
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Cant wait for the pre-final! I finally got my bt4-beta set up on usb right(fixed livecd.sng for hang ups-P.S it hangs up if you have other dev base builds(like ubuntu 4 me) cause it searches through it first. Add 'BT4 from=/dev/sdX1' to the Append row, in Root/ syslinux/syslinux.cfg. 'X' being wich drive letter pertains to you. Use 'dmesg' in terminal to be sure. Scroll up and look under the sd section(under pertaining usb info)after the 8 or so sd rows you'll se something similar to sdb: sdb1 sdb2. Sorry if i re-iterated what others have already said but the info I found was for bt3 (which is how i figurd it out cause it was the same)
    hope this helps someone.