Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Theme

Just burned his ISO

I'm not much for knowing what colors look good with others... HOWEVER, this theme is MUCH easier for me to read than the others. More contrast or something.

Thanks guys.

Although I'm all for change, I'm finding the new theme a bit much. The color contrast makes things harder to read (at least it causes me eye strain). I also find that the icons on the left hand side that denote active threads, threads that I have replied to etc... are too small to differentiate easily.

When I started making ppt presentations and websites, someone with much more experience gave me some good advice: "The point isn't to look the coolest, the point is to make the presentation easy to read".

I also think that people who are color blind will have a difficult time with the new theme.

Hopefully we will have a choice available to change the theme to something easier on the eyes.

Just my 2 cents....

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    Although I'm all for change, I'm finding the new theme a bit much. The color contrast makes things harder to read (at least it causes me eye strain). I also find that the icons on the left hand side that denote active threads, threads that I have replied to etc... are too small to differentiate easily.

When I started making ppt presentations and websites, someone with much more experience gave me some good advice: "The point isn't to look the coolest, the point is to make the presentation easy to read".

Hopefully we will have a choice available to change the theme to something easier on the eyes.

Just my 2 cents....

I actually find lighter text on a darker background easier to read.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I agree. I prefer "black on white" or "white on black", but I know others differ, that's why I didn't put in specifics.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

That's because you haven't adjusted to there being light during the daytime yet.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That's because you haven't adjusted to there being light during the daytime yet.
    I'm still getting used to it being warm when it's dark!! That ain't right.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

I am one of the ones who likes the default theme as well. I have spoken with muts and when the overhaul is finished he says we can have the option box back to choose between this one and the default theme.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

I don't know, it has that 1995 era dungeon master game feel to it.
    Lol exactly what I thought, it has gone vintage. Agreed that surely an option would be the most sensible
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Just burned his ISO

I guess the theme would look better when you change the brown to some other color!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    In addition to being much harder to read than the last theme...
    I agree, very difficult to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Let's hope some alternatives are available soon.
    Ditto!
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast