Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cannot connect to net

Did you try BT4 already?

BT3 is still based on Slax but BT4 is based on Ubuntu.

Are you from Germany?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

CD-4+

no brother i am from India. about BT4 no i dint use. i dont have the guts to do so. i am not able to use backtrack 3 wat will i use BT4. i also have another problem. my BT3 also doesnt run on my Laptop (lenovo Y500). it seems as if the laptop has freezed but it actually hasn't.i can make out that my laptop is running by the timer and also when i switch on off the power the powermanager displays changes.

regards
    CD-4+

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

I had the same problem with BT3, I eventually tracked it down to a process that was taking up loads of CPU time, it was something to do with mounting file systems.

Anyway, switch to BT4 and stop wasting your time dealing with the problems posed by its predecessor.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

CD-4+

i got the ethernet card name...

ethernet controller: intel corporation 82562et/ez/gt/gz - pro/100 ve

Ok look you are going to have to compile the driver for it in BT3 as from what i can tell it doesn't come standard in slax. Honestly its not really worth the bother as everytime you used the cd you are going to have to recompile it.

My suggestion to you is go with 4 its going to save you one big headache and its not a beta like your thinking.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Good friend of the forums

Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.
    Yea, and quiting the thread, in this case the kids are 10 years old, got the keys to the Ferrari, but don't have a driver's license and have absolutely no clue how to unlock the front door...

heh and thats why i made the quote.

I just turned "11" and finally figured out how to unlock the door, but still dont have a clue what all the fancy buttons and pedals do.

I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

CD-4+

thanks thorin...lets see if it helps...

regards
    CD-4+

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12