Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legal question

Quote Originally Posted by laffing_man View Post
    I was always under the impression that if you have to ask, its most likely illegal...
    Or is fattening. Or sinful. Or fun.

Sometimes all four.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Or is fattening. Or sinful. Or fun.

Sometimes all four.
    That's usually the best kind.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

I live in Southeast Asia... the convenience stores sell copied DVD videos, and I'm not talking about dark corner stores, I'm talking franchise convenience stores that have about 20 branches distributed around the town (with air conditioning).

Different countries have different laws and legal systems.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    I live in Southeast Asia... the convenience stores sell copied DVD videos, and I'm not talking about dark corner stores, I'm talking franchise convenience stores that have about 20 branches distributed around the town (with air conditioning).

Just curious but does the air conditioning make the/ a difference in the store?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post

my family is from thailand and i know what your talking about. The thing is is that most of those countries don't respect US copyright laws. Its not only DVD's its video games, VCDs, music cd's, clothes etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Just curious but does the air conditioning make the/ a difference in the store?
    The mom and pop stores usually won't have ac because it costs money. Only the bigger chain stores will have the funds to actually install ac.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The mom and pop stores usually won't have ac because it costs money. Only the bigger chain stores will have the funds to actually install ac.
    I see said the blind man!
    Yes this thought did cross my mind, my assumption is that the large chain stores = more money ==A/C == They have better morals.
    Or in a perfect word it would equate such.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    I see said the blind man!
    Yes this thought did cross my mind, my assumption is that the large chain stores = more money ==A/C == They have better morals.
    Or in a perfect word it would equate such.
    Didn't you realize? Corporations are evil, unless they're a corporation that's ripping off another corporation, then it's ok.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Didn't you realize? Corporations are evil, unless they're a corporation that's ripping off another corporation, then it's ok.
    [Looks around for Thorn]

Yea, look at Google, their motto is "Do no evil". Gotta be good guys right?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    [Looks around for Thorn]

Yea, look at Google, their motto is "Do no evil". Gotta be good guys right?
    ...but their actual full motto which isn't quoted very often is:

Do No Evil, but if you have to do evil, go ahead, just try not to get caught, but if you do get caught, lie about it, if lying doesn't work, litigate.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast