I recently upgraded my drivers for my wireless usb dongle (edimax EW-7318USG) and now I can't connect to any wireless routers. NetworkManager won't even show them in the vicinity even though they are found with kismet.

The drivers I updated to are rt73-k2wrlz-3.0.3 which support injection for my particular usb dongle.

For those familiar with the particular chipset drivers the device named has been altered from wlan0 to rausb0 (not that I can in any logical sense make out why this would cause an internal conflict since it shouldn't have anything to do with NM)

I'm still a linux n00b but I've tried looking for all cfgs rel to NetworkManager and also googled to the best of my abillities. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm wondering if this is drivers rel or if you simply have to play with NetworkManager. I'm considering reinstalling the old modules (deleted them recently) and reverting back and forth, if this is the particular problem, but it still seems tedious at best since this shouldn't be a problem.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for going easy on the flames in advance