Thread: netgear USB wifi WG11v2 help

Just burned his ISO

Default netgear USB wifi WG11v2 help

I have a netgear usb wifi adapter WG111v2 and I am able to hack WEP and WPA keys with this card, yet I am unable to connect to the networks that the wireless assistant shows (I already know the network key). The network key is a simple 64 bit encrypted wep key and I have tried entering it in multiple ways and still can not get in. What should I try doing?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by keljaden View Post
    I have a netgear usb wifi adapter WG111v2 and I am able to hack WEP and WPA keys with this card, yet I am unable to connect to the networks that the wireless assistant shows (I already know the network key). The network key is a simple 64 bit encrypted wep key and I have tried entering it in multiple ways and still can not get in. What should I try doing?
    Did you check the admin interface of the AP to see if it has MAC filtering turned on?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

I think you are asking if the router won't let me on because of my mac address. (I am not used to your terminology, I am still new to this) The network I am trying to connect to allows any computer on regardless of their mac address. (The card works under windows, just not under BT3) I am really confused I why I am not connecting.

Thank you streaker69 for replying, I was hoping for a few more replys to my problem. This forum feels very inactive... so I hope I can bump this so someone will see it and be able to provide me with more information. I do not mind exchanging my instant messaging screen name with someone if they would be able to provide better help that way.