Thread: gooscan

Default gooscan

Hi there

First of all, I really like johnny ihackstuff's work and would have never had so creative ideas without johnny's book.

Currently I'm developing a version of johnny's gooscan in Java, nicely object orientated, but will improve some things: Some little bugs like the mix up of the -f and -i in the usage. But also some new stuff like an option to specify a delay between each get request to google and maybe some blacklisting in the input file (if a query immediately get you locked out by google, the query will be ignored for the next try). Didn't asked johnny nor Mike Schiraldi for permission yet and if they don't like my idea i will keep the program for myself.

I choose Java, because I'm still learning C++ and I'm not very good at it till now. On the other hand there's anyway a java installation in backtrack and the programm is not very time critical (google will lock you out anyway if you're querying too fast).

Anyone interested in that?
    Auswaertsspiel

Sure why not, if you want some feedback just make it available for download and we will give you our opinion.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Ok!

I already did some stuff and it worked, but it wasn't very beautiful code. So I refactored first, but then started all over again yesterday.

I'll use this thread to document the progress...
    Auswaertsspiel

OK I have my first jar with the same functionalities like the first version from j0hnny and Mike Shiraldi, but in Java. The code is OK, but not clean enough so I'll implement some more functions (like mentioned) and do some little re-factoring.

And I haven't thought about web space to upload it... I'll post the link if I find something
    Auswaertsspiel

Ok, FINALLY stopped programming and uploaded it. It was a lot of work, but i created not only one program, i also did it modular (oo). I'm already developing a second program. So it will be more like a gooscan2 suite than only one program.

There is a readme file and the rest should be self-explanatory (i hope). If you already know gooscan from johnny, it should be very easy to use

If you have any questions, post a message in this thread. I would really appreciate every type of feedback! Please bother to try it!

You can find the source code and the program itself in this tar.gz:

EDIT: removed Link because I will soon release the first beta for testing. Already have some interesting news, you will hear them soon enough. Stay tuned . PM if you need it for some reason...
    Auswaertsspiel

I hate to tell you but I'm pretty sure this will break google's Terms of Service.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    I hate to tell you but I'm pretty sure this will break google's Terms of Service.
    Hi thorin,

thanks very much for your feedback. You're right, if you google a www.google.com server, you will break the term of service of google. But:

- the program is not made for querying google.com servers
    - gooscan (included in BT3/BT4beta) does the same if you use it the wrong way and many other well known programs do it as well (like w3af the ghdb plugin)
    - if you query a google.com server you are asked again if you really want to do that (like in gooscan)
    - breaking the terms of service is nothing illegal, it's only a miss use of a service

But you are right, I should have mentioned that! There are friendly and non-friendly examples in the help page.
    Auswaertsspiel