Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tutorial: Injection with ZyDAS 1211 and 1211b (zd1211)

Just burned his ISO

The zd1211 and zd1211b in BT4 beta and BT4 PRE are only partially patched. You will inject with speed of maximum 150PPS. If you follow the tutorial your speed will increase to 400-550PPS depending on how far the AP is from your PC.

Following the tutorial is highly recommended to get the most out of your zd1211 device.

PS. proper power level detection has been created for testing. Make sure you try that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SliCk View Post
    The zd1211 and zd1211b in BT4 beta and BT4 PRE are only partially patched. You will inject with speed of maximum 150PPS. If you follow the tutorial your speed will increase to 400-550PPS depending on how far the AP is from your PC.

Following the tutorial is highly recommended to get the most out of your zd1211 device.

PS. proper power level detection has been created for testing. Make sure you try that as well.
    Do you have zd1211 or zd1211b?

Just burned his ISO

All my patch experiments.. every time had problems with mac80211 as reported where various lines are just out of wack.. I did lose power signal too.. which annoyed me enough to go back to a older vmware image.. (I know there's a fix.. but I guess I'm not sure I was seeing any higher pps numbers)

I'm recieving 500 pps after I get a break-in with Backtrack Pre Final default drivers.. within super close range to my test router..

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    Do you have zd1211 or zd1211b?
    zd1211
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster View Post
    All my patch experiments.. every time had problems with mac80211 as reported where various lines are just out of wack.. I did lose power signal too.. which annoyed me enough to go back to a older vmware image.. (I know there's a fix.. but I guess I'm not sure I was seeing any higher pps numbers)
    The tutorial has been updated and the power readings have been rectified.

zd1211
    Mine is zd1211b, doesn't work that well.

The tutorial has been updated and the power readings have been rectified.
    Thanks for the info, i'll give it a shot and post back here to tell if it works for my chipset.

Just burned his ISO

I think mine is zd1211b too.. but not sure.. if you want to throw out the linux command I'll double check..

I ran a hack on my test router for 10 hours last night.. it got like 17,000 IV's but nothing that aircrack could sniff out.. I try to sign on for one second with my laptop (with fake/wrong mac) and it goes from 0 pps to 500 pps

I guess I'm wondering if I have a hack command wrong or something.. since I listed out my commands below.. maybe someone has a suggestion..

Or I could try using wicd (if you can to) sign on to a hacked network to see if the pps shoot up instead of staying at 0 for 10 hours..

It's hard for me to believe that they actually made the wusb54gc worse.. cause it worked fine in backtrack 3 and 2.. but I may try your patch out.. but for now I'm concentrated on my yagi

I have now successfully patched the yagi and it's pps is the same.. least for my test router.. which is you know 4 feet away

Or I could try using wicd (if you can to) sign on to a hacked network to see if the pps shoot up instead of staying at 0 for 10 hours..

I have now successfully patched the yagi and it's pps is the same.. least for my test router.. which is you know 4 feet away
    Are you saying that your hacking other networks than yours?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    Are you saying that your hacking other networks than yours?
    Nope concentrating on my own.. have more than 1 router..

I think the patch doesn't fix the power levels cause.. I think there still reported incorrectly.. I did see during my failed early hacks today.. that my pps got as high as 900 though.. not that I was getting anywhere

I think maybe my problem just lies with the deauth command.. "-1 0" or "-1 6000 -o 1 -q 10"

I moved my router far away had a reporting of -90 on power (which it should have or would have been normally reported at 20 or 10) and was able to get about 20 Kb/s out of it.. that hack only took 2-6 hours..

Probably going to experiment with both my patched and unpatched versions of vmware.. figure out which one I like better.. in terms of pps and power reporting..

What I can say is after years of use my yagi is now cracking but I'm not 100% sure it's doing it all the time or what the factors are on it working successful all the time..

(right now I have another one running.. but no DATA coming back.. if I understand right.. the DATA is the IV's and it's that, that gets the key)

Nope concentrating on my own.. have more than 1 router..
    Ok, sorry about the misinterpretation...

I think the patch doesn't fix the power levels cause.. I think there still reported incorrectly.. I did see during my failed early hacks today.. that my pps got as high as 900 though.. not that I was getting anywhere

I think maybe my problem just lies with the deauth command.. "-1 0" or "-1 6000 -o 1 -q 10"

I moved my router far away had a reporting of -90 on power (which it should have or would have been normally reported at 20 or 10) and was able to get about 20 Kb/s out of it.. that hack only took 2-6 hours..

Probably going to experiment with both my patched and unpatched versions of vmware.. figure out which one I like better.. in terms of pps and power reporting..

What I can say is after years of use my yagi is now cracking but I'm not 100% sure it's doing it all the time or what the factors are on it working successful all the time..

(right now I have another one running.. but no DATA coming back.. if I understand right.. the DATA is the IV's and it's that, that gets the key)
    I can't even apply the updated patch... Gave me an error. Well, i think I'll just give up trying to fix this and use it as a client on my test environment...

Just burned his ISO

Well, I've completed about 5-6 more test hacks.. in the space of as little as 3-5 minutes as high as 30-40 minutes.. (pps numbers always staying at 500 with the patch I saw them go as high as 900 pps but though seemed to be some of the endless loop hacks or something) basically I've given up on the patched driver and sticking with backtracks after all I like my power level numbers normal yah 50 to 1 and all that..

Weirdly the data #'s/IV's don't kick in.. always right away.. it can take a while before the whole ARP/data attack get's going even after the pps get's started..

But there are still some issues to resolve.. I believe from a older post I had indentified my chipset as a AR5007 or zd1211rw if that helps.. but I'm no expert.. all I can say is.. it works now.. it never used to work before.. it means once I have worked out the kinks.. I can dump my linksys

You are welcome to a 5 Gb vmware image patched or unpatched if you that will help you out..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast