Thread: Quite a Few Questions

Default Quite a Few Questions

First off, where is the program: Housekeeping? I have been looking all over for it, cant even find what it does, never mind where it is in Backtrack, I assume it auto cleans logs and such because of the fact that it is under: Covering Tracks, in the tools list. Any idea where it is?

Which is the best set of bluetooth tools? Im looking but atm cannot figure out which would be best to try and figure out first. As in: which would be useful in the most situations?

And again: same as above, only for VOIP.

Ok, so I am trying to find someone on the internet (this is just a scenario btw), I figured those many google* tools would be good for this, but alot of them look like all they do is search google from a terminal, which seems more than pointless to me, am I crazy... or are they actually that pointless? If they aren't which do you find the best, and why. If they are, why are they in backtrack...

One more question lol, I promise, does backtrack include any tools for war dialing, as it seems to me that an unsecured modem would be a huge gaping hole just waiting for a potential attack to come along, and Im sure that at least a couple (tens of) thousand(s) companies and such still have a phone modem hooked up somewhere, and as everyone knows, once you are in the LAN, its quite a bit easier.

Ok thats all, for now at least

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HitThemLow View Post
    First off, where is the program: Housekeeping? I have been looking all over for it, cant even find what it does, never mind where it is in Backtrack, I assume it auto cleans logs and such because of the fact that it is under: Covering Tracks, in the tools list. Any idea where it is?
    Look in the code, btw this is a tool that was included in bt2. If you are using it, you might want to consider upgrading, since it is no longer supported.
    Which is the best set of bluetooth tools? Im looking but atm cannot figure out which would be best to try and figure out first. As in: which would be useful in the most situations?
    And again: same as above, only for VOIP.
    These types of questions really are pointless. It is all a matter of what you are trying to do. All tools that are included are the best or else mut's and the other dev's would probably not included them. Tell us more about what you are trying to achieve and we can better help you out.
    It would do me no good to recommend you to use iax voip tools if the voip device does not support iax. (Inter-Asterisk-eXchange)
    Ok, so I am trying to find someone on the internet (this is just a scenario btw), I figured those many google* tools would be good for this, but alot of them look like all they do is search google from a terminal, which seems more than pointless to me, am I crazy... or are they actually that pointless? If they aren't which do you find the best, and why. If they are, why are they in backtrack...
    Yes the tools are pointless since it is obvious you have no idea how to use them or even name them for that matter. I would suggest you take a closer inspection of the tools, try looking for man, help, info pages. Again you have to help us to help you by providing relevant info on what you are trying to do.
    So post back with this info.
    Also it would be nice to know the names of the tools that you are referencing here.
    One more question lol, I promise, does backtrack include any tools for war dialing, as it seems to me that an unsecured modem would be a huge gaping hole just waiting for a potential attack to come along, and Im sure that at least a couple (tens of) thousand(s) companies and such still have a phone modem hooked up somewhere, and as everyone knows, once you are in the LAN, its quite a bit easier.
    Ok thats all, for now at least
    There are tools available on the internet capable of war-dialing.
    Also a router with a default password is a huge gaping security hole.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Look in the code, btw this is a tool that was included in bt2. If you are using it, you might want to consider upgrading, since it is no longer supported.
    I am using bt3, but since it was in the tools list here: http://backtrack.offensive-security....hp?title=Tools
    I thought it might be in backtrack 3...

Yes the tools are pointless since it is obvious you have no idea how to use them or even name them for that matter. I would suggest you take a closer inspection of the tools, try looking for man, help, info pages. Again you have to help us to help you by providing relevant info on what you are trying to do.
    So post back with this info.
    Also it would be nice to know the names of the tools that you are referencing here.
    All of them,

I have tried googrape, it returns a whole heap of errors on all the pcs ive tried it on.

google-search, all it does is search the real google, at least thats what the help page tells me... google-search "filetypewd inurl:service.pwd" -r .

gooscan just automates searching google (or appliances) :\

finger google: I tried ten different domains which I know for sure have accounts, and it returned no accounts found for all of them.

sorry... but I said: all of them, because all of them seem to have the same problems :\

There are tools available on the internet capable of war-dialing.
    Also a router with a default password is a huge gaping security hole.
    Im aware of that, PAWS(s) might be a good choice, but I was wondering if there was one in Backtrack or If I would need to remaster the cd to have it in backtrack.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HitThemLow View Post
    I am using bt3, but since it was in the tools list here: http://backtrack.offensive-security....hp?title=Tools
    I thought it might be in backtrack 3...
    I don't believe it is included any longer. You could just extract it from BT2.
    All of them,
    I have tried googrape, it returns a whole heap of errors on all the pcs ive tried it on.
    google-search, all it does is search the real google, at least thats what the help page tells me... google-search "filetypewd inurl:service.pwd" -r .
    gooscan just automates searching google (or appliances) :\
    finger google: I tried ten different domains which I know for sure have accounts, and it returned no accounts found for all of them.
    sorry... but I said: all of them, because all of them seem to have the same problems :\
    Also one has to remember that google has updated and changed the way some things work, since those tools were released.

Im aware of that, PAWS(s) might be a good choice, but I was wondering if there was one in Backtrack or If I would need to remaster the cd to have it in backtrack.
    Tone-LoC is another one. see here for more tool names at the bottom.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.