Thread: Intel 4965 BT support?

Just burned his ISO

Default Intel 4965 BT support?

Hi guys, new to this backtrack thing and i wanted to use it to test out various networks to see if they are secure enough or if i have to make them stronger but i ran into a bit of a problem...or so i think.

Is the intel wifi link 4965 supported in backtrack4?

(I found out that backtrack cant use the wifi card via wmware so i gotta re download the iso image and burn it to try in the morning but does it support it?)

also if it does not, would this work

tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3350612&CatId=2699[/url]

dosent look to expensive so i think i would pick this up if the wifi link 2965 does not work. I would appreciate if someone could help me out =). I shall check this thread in the morning. Thank you.

ADMIN EDIT:
    Please use descriptive thread titles, as per the forum rules.

Hello cruisx,
    The reason you have not got any answers is probably you are not specific with your title. If you want to find out if your card is compatible I would look at this link. It is the HCL list

http://backtrack.offensive-security....p/HCL:Wireless

If your card is not compatible I would seriously consider the Alfa AWUS036H

All the best
    onryo
    Let me explain officer, I am not a hacker. I am a security tester of sorts!

Just burned his ISO

ya i kninda should have worded it better but it was late at night. Anyway i am almost done burning BT4 so i shall find out in a bit. If the card dosent work i will buy a TP Link TL-WN321G since it works quite good i hear.

Quote Originally Posted by cruisx View Post
    Hi guys, new to this backtrack thing and i wanted to use it to test out various networks to see if they are secure enough or if i have to make them stronger but i ran into a bit of a problem...or so i think.
    So you have various networks or just want to check the ones around you?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

ya i kninda should have worded it better but it was late at night. Anyway i am almost done burning BT4 so i shall find out in a bit. If the card dosent work i will buy a TP Link TL-WN321G since it works quite good i hear.
    I'm using a TL-WN321G stick right now for accessing the internet at work (saves me having to drag my Alfa 500 mW around with me). If you're close to an access point then it works great... but beware this stick has very poor range.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    I'm using a TL-WN321G stick right now for accessing the internet at work (saves me having to drag my Alfa 500 mW around with me). If you're close to an access point then it works great... but beware this stick has very poor range.
    How bad is the range exactly? Well i will be using it to just test my own or test others for example? Like my cousins to see if we can crack it or not. Just as a pass time. But ya i think if i am beside my router it shoudlnt be a problem? Also what do u recomend to buy if i want some more range but want to keep the price low?

Also it turns out that my 4965 dosenot work =/ it keeps asking to use this packet after a few minuets and i type y and it repeats.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

If you're in the same house as the access point, you shouldn't have a problem, the signal should be OK.

If you live in a detatched house, and your cousin is your next-door neighbourhood, it's pretty likely you won't be able to get a good enough connection to connect to your cousin's.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Just burned his ISO

Is the intel wifi link 4965 supported in backtrack4?

(I found out that backtrack cant use the wifi card via wmware so i gotta re download the iso image and burn it to try in the morning but does it support it?)

also if it does not, would this work

tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3350612&CatId=2699[/url]

dosent look to expensive so i think i would pick this up if the wifi link 2965 does not work. I would appreciate if someone could help me out =). I shall check this thread in the morning. Thank you.

ADMIN EDIT:
    Please use descriptive thread titles, as per the forum rules.

you can check this site h t t p://backtrack.offensive-security.com/index.php/HCL:Wireless and see if ur wireless card is supported
    btw i had the 4965agn card nd it worked in everything but the fakeauth didn't work!