Thread: 3DSP 802.11b/g + Bluetooth 2.1 Mini-PCI-E

Just burned his ISO

Default 3DSP 802.11b/g + Bluetooth 2.1 Mini-PCI-E

I just did a search for bluetooth Mini-PCI-E and came across this card.

I can't seem to find much info or reviews for it, only places to buy it from with the usual specs. Some vague information about perhaps a "WLAN_STA" chipset made by 3DSP? Not even sure if that info is valid.

I've never heard of this company before in regard to the WiFi market personally, not that, that's saying much.

I was wondering if anyone could shed any more light on this piece of hardware for me. Because even though I have two Mini-PCI-E slots to play with in my laptop, having Bluetooth and WiFi in one is appealing. Assuming it's at all supported under Linux and preferably aircrack with Monitor mode. Injection a plus but not a prerequisite. Also of course I just got a shiny new cell phone and I'd like to pentest my bluetooth. That's why I'm looking into Bluetooth Mini-PCI-E

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Ya got a link to it?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

The following errors occurred with your submission:

1. You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.
    So I guess this will have to do:
    Ebay Item number: 190303408937

Sadly enough ebay seems to be the most comprehensive source for information on it.

I'm also seeing that some sites list it as Bluetooth 2.0 and some list 2.1. [shrug]

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

I'd be wary about buying it. I haven't had much luck in getting anything that doesn't have a website in english.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Yeah that's what my impression was. If I were just using it under windows, I wouldn't be so worried. But I really want Linux compatibility and this seems like completely unknown hardware.

The search continues I suppose.

Item number: 180358788384

This is interesting, apparently B/G/N + Bluetooth made by Broadcom?

Just burned his ISO

hi ,
    I have the same card 3DSP 802.11b/g + Bluetooth 2.1 Mini-PCI-E ,

under windows it works very well , but under linux not acknowledged

she is for you in compatible linux

stk.com.tw/product-01.asp?Product_Type=58