Thread: Regarding BT 4 Final Booting

Just burned his ISO

Question Regarding BT 4 Final Booting

hey guys !! its great to be here to learn from you and teach you too lol... I have some problems regarding booting BT 4 Final.

First, booting was all good. but when i got to the 7 steps where you choose your location, keyboard, etc. its skipped from step 4 to step 7, i don't know if that 's from the cd or something else is wrong, i Have BT 4 Final.

also can you guys show me how to edit Menu.lst and set VGA to get Framebuffer working well for me ???

and how to move from where it says ### END DEBIAN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST to where it say [read 144 line ]
    root@backtrack:/home/muts#

i hope i was clear on my questioning...and i hope you guys will be clear on your responding .
    THANKS ON ADVANCE.
    Last edited by lupin; 03-01-2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Removed color formatting to prevent reader's eyes from bleeding...

Default Re: Regarding BT 4 Final Booting

Quote Originally Posted by zizo1 View Post
    hey guys !! its great to be here to learn from you and teach you too lol... I have some problems regarding booting BT 4 Final.

First, booting was all good. but when i got to the 7 steps where you choose your location, keyboard, etc. its skipped from step 4 to step 7, i don't know if that 's from the cd or something else is wrong, i Have BT 4 Final.
    Which 7 steps are you referring to? If you are following a tutorial please provide a reference so we know what you're trying to do.

also can you guys show me how to edit Menu.lst and set VGA to get Framebuffer working well for me ???
    How would you define "working well"? Im assuming its not working well right now? What's the problem?

and how to move from where it says ### END DEBIAN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST to where it say [read 144 line ]
    root@backtrack:/home/muts#
    This is referring to some sort of tutorial again? If so which one?

In addition, please refrain from using excessive amounts of colour formatting when you post. Less is more.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

its from the tutuorial " Up and Running with backtrack 4" on the videos sections.

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    Which 7 steps are you referring to? If you are following a tutorial please provide a reference so we know what you're trying to do.

How would you define "working well"? Im assuming its not working well right now? What's the problem?

This is referring to some sort of tutorial again? If so which one?

In addition, please refrain from using excessive amounts of colour formatting when you post. Less is more.
    i hope the pictures show the problems that am facing ??
    Last edited by lupin; 03-02-2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Merging...

those steps from installation is removed because theres no need for creating users etc. its normal

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by halfdone View Post
    those steps from installation is removed because theres no need for creating users etc. its normal
    Correct. Those were for adding a user, which as has been stated before were removed by the dev team.
    to edit the menu.lst you follow the command above # nano /boot/grub/menu.lst
    nano is a text editor.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel.Amael View Post
    Correct. Those were for adding a user, which as has been stated before were removed by the dev team.
    to edit the menu.lst you follow the command above # nano /boot/grub/menu.lst
    nano is a text editor.
    but what i do to make it edited, like what do i have to edit????

and what about the last step...

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

but what i do to make it edited, like what do i have to edit????

and what about the last step...
    What do you mean "what do i have to edit"? You edit the menu.lst file using nano or anyother text editor.
    Complete one step at a time. Also you were asked to show what tutorial you are using and have yet to give a link.