Thread: Atheros AR5B91 not recognized BT4

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation

I am very new to Linux but I am fairly technical minded. Please assist. I have DL'd BT4 ISO and burned to DVD. It boot sfine and seems to be working fine the only problem I have is when I try to use airmon-ng my wireless adapter is not listed. I have googled and searched this forum and have found no resolution. Please advise if my adapter is compatible. Is there a driver I need to download if so please provide url, if my adapter is simply not compatible please advise if there is a USB wireless adapter that I should buy that is compatible how do I ensure that BT4 will recognize my usb adapter, etc. and please provide detailed instructions on how to install/configure new drivers in Linux/BT4 and basically any and all info that will help me to get airmon-ng to recognize an adapter and get me moving on to aircrack, ettercap, etc.

I am sorry but this is a cross-post, I did not read my second email which advised me that my posts are limited to newbie area for 3 days so I already tried posting similar message in BT4 beta hardware not working.

I have an Acer 4330 Aspire with a Realtek ????? lan and Atheros ar5b91 wirelsss adapter. I am not currently using my lan adapter but I want airmon-ng to recognize my AR5b91 (wifi) so I can move on to bigger and better things in BT4. I have googled and searched remote-exploit forums and while I see a few other people have problems with ar5b91 and BT4 I do not really see any resolutions. Is there a driver I can use? If not, is there a usb wireless adapter I can buy that will work with BT4? Do I need to ensure that my usb is recognized by BT4 before I buy a usb wireless adapter? Please provide as detailed information as possible on obtaining driver for ar5b91 including every step I must take to install the driver and get it up and running (I am new to Linux) or conversely exactly which usb wireless adapter I want to buy and if it won't be recognized by BT4 out of the box what steps do I need to take to get it up and running? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Just burned his ISO

get the hawking HWUG1. works out of the box and can be found for around 30 bux used and like 35 new at amazon ($42 at newegg). it comes with an antenna and u can buy an even more powerful antenna if you want. personally its excellent for beginner - expert users. supports a,b,g modes and up to 108mbps (can be set to lower rates if needed). check the "BT4beta Working Hardware" section, i have the exact commands needed to use it. Also if you buy it new you get a 1 year limited warranty if you register it after the purchase (which i did).

Yeah I don't get why it's so hard for people who write "What device to buy?" guides and inside them talk so much crap. just list the devices that have been proven to work and what BT version they work with. hell i should make a guide... The "Just buy the HWUG1 guide" it works with BT4b out of the box.

Just burned his ISO

Thank you very much Reon for a clear and to the point answer to my question. I really appreciate it!