Thread: Low Signal Injection?

Default Low Signal Injection?

How do I know if I am physically close enough to send and receive access point packets?
    Using airodump-ng I got connection PWR of 14-16 is it enought to inject? How much is the minimum recommended PWR for a wireless crack?

Running the injection test "aireplay-ng -9 ..." in the same network a get from 0%-11%. What is a recommended range for sucessfull obtain communication?

Is there any ways to improve this values beyond getting closer to the AP?

Thx.

Good friend of the forums

the recommended proximity si 2-3 meters from the AP. That is, when the AP is yours. If it's not, the recommended proximity is a window with bars and a few cellmates waiting for you to bend over... and hack Your AP.

Just to let you know, the law is clear on accessing another's computer system illegally - and you CAN get in jail for that. If somebody knows you're doing this, and the law enforcement wants to track you down, they will and you will get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    How do I know if I am physically close enough to send and receive access point packets?
    Using airodump-ng I got connection PWR of 14-16 is it enought to inject? How much is the minimum recommended PWR for a wireless crack?

Running the injection test "aireplay-ng -9 ..." in the same network a get from 0%-11%. What is a recommended range for sucessfull obtain communication?

Is there any ways to improve this values beyond getting closer to the AP?

Thx.
    Just to make it clear, the AP is from the company I work for, and I have full permission to try to crack it, as I work in the TI sector. So, nothing illegal.

I was just wondering this signal things for learning purposes, because I can be 2-3 meters from the AP, but I tryied to inject packs from other floor. I have studied some theoretical network security, but now I wanna learn the practice to make my networks more secure. I am from the good side

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Just to make it clear, the AP is from the company I work for, and I have full permission to try to crack it, as I work in the TI sector. So, nothing illegal.

I was just wondering this signal things for learning purposes, because I can be 2-3 meters from the AP, but I tryied to inject packs from other floor. I have studied some theoretical network security, but now I wanna learn the practice to make my networks more secure. I am from the good side
    I didn't realize Texas Instruments had their own Sector now.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I didnt know TI had his own support sector ... i wonder if jay-z or nas does aswell.

Anyways just about the only thing you can do is get an antenna but in your case i would say just go up to the room that the AP is located and run your tests.

@xorred

You had me loling at that comment for atleast a few minutes.

Most people dont realize that its illegal to even connect to an open network if you dont have express permission.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I didn't realize Texas Instruments had their own Sector now.
    Sorry, I mean IT X_X
    (this is not another joke)

Anyone could answer?
    I've seen in some scripts they have 50 as parameter for a good PWR.. do you agree?

IMHO 50% or greater, preferably 90% or better. Less than 50% and you are losing/dropping to many packets to make it worth the effort.