Thread: aircrack-ng and intel 3945 abg wont inject

Default aircrack-ng and intel 3945 abg wont inject

Aint sure if it belongs to this BT4 section but got 2 wifi cards and the one installed on my acer travelmate 5720 which is intel 3945 abg doesnt inject.
    The other card which is ralink injects very nice.

On the other hand intel 3945 abg is working if someone want to surf the net using BT4.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxHalz View Post
    Aint sure if it belongs to this BT4 section but got 2 wifi cards and the one installed on my acer travelmate 5720 which is intel 3945 abg doesnt inject.
    The other card which is ralink injects very nice.

On the other hand intel 3945 abg is working if someone want to surf the net using BT4.

Regards.
    its worked fine for me, and if you had done a little searching you would find a thread exactly the same as this in this exact section, please search next time before you post. thank you.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Ye, my bad. was late and didnt search enough it seems, here is a link for the card:

hxxp://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=iwl3945&DokuWiki=49c8ff32b10db824c21c3 4cd770a09ea

Just burned his ISO

Hi, I have a laptop with the intel 3945ABG chipset (driver iwl3945) as detected by airmon-ng.
    I have a problem with packet injection using bt4. Here's what I do (please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not an expert)

# Open a console:
    airmon-ng
    # I get
    wlan0 intel3945ABG iwl3945

ifconfig wlan0 down
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0
    # the faked mac is confirmed

airmon-ng start wlan0
    # i get

wlan0 intel3945ABG iwl3945 (phy0)
    (monitor mode enabled on mon0)

airodump-ng mon0
    # I get all the APs and stations it sees. Among others my router on which I'm running the test.

00:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF -40 61 0 0 7(CH) 54 WEP WEP Test1

#I copy the bssid of the attacked ap:

airodump-ng -c 7 -w textfile --bssid 00:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF mon0

Ok. now the mon0 interface is listening to the targeted AP. No data is going on. So I need to inject data. And here comes the problem.
    I open a new console and enter:

aireplay-ng -1 0 -a 00:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 -e Test1 mon0

# i get

Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID 00:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF) on channel 7
    Sending Authentication Request (Open System) [ACK]
    Association successful

aireplay-ng -3 -b 00:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 mon0

# the data count does NOT increase so I'm stuck.

I've tried to read around some literature available, but I'm still confused.
    The page at the link above didn't help me much.

I'd appreciate if someone would like to help. I'm new to this so please bear with me.
    Thank you

I would first unload iwl3945 & load ipwraw by
    modprobe -r iwl3945
    modprobe ipwraw
    Then I would try the first tutorial here.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

honestly, this post is gonna sound crazy but just try picking up ur laptop and moving it around a bit. also try touching ur laptop in different places. like i said, it may sound crazy, but for some reason it works for me :P i'll leave the explanation of why to the wifi experts here :P
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

Thanks kazalku and SuspectZero. I'll give it a go.

Just burned his ISO

Jumanji: did you manage to get it work? Im having problems myself with the injection... Please let us know if you managed! Thx

Quote Originally Posted by kazalku View Post
    I would first unload iwl3945 & load ipwraw by

Then I would try the first tutorial here.
    ipwraw module is not included anymore.

I am using the same chipset. I've tried and tried with all possible approaches from the aircrack-wiki (yes, I've also set up airmon-ng on the channel of my AP).

So what I think is that sometimes it might work with some ppl (suspectZero for example) and most of the time it won't work or I did I miss something that is required..?

When I tried the same hardware using ipwraw as the driver (backtrack3) and all kind of approaches, they all work without "moving your laptop around"...

So what is the thing we (or at least I am) are missing?
    I read on the aircrack-wiki that iwl3945 was reported working.. (mac80211 [Aircrack-ng])

I googled around in these forums and other sites as well, but I never got the attacks to work with the suggestions. Everybody always said that it was the approach that was not ok..
    I took that advice sincerly and tried many different approaches.

When I use the
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -9 mon0
    it tells me injection is working, but whatever approach I take I always think my shitty AP is imune against the attacks.. (Which is not possible because with ipwraw in bt3 my AP falls within minutes)

Can anyone tell me what I'm overlooking? After 4 Weeks (I've posted about this problem in another post already, back then) this problem is driving me nuts..

edit:
    I know it's the "hacker's way" to get it to work on yourself somehow... I just can't get forward on this problem so I even checked out USB-Wireless Sticks which are 100% supported already but this is not really how I want to solve this problem (wouldn't be "solving" it...)

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by dcminus View Post
    Jumanji: did you manage to get it work? Im having problems myself with the injection... Please let us know if you managed! Thx
    Well, actually no. Like inf_437 I followed some advice around but eventually gave up on the iwl3945. I thought this was due to my inexperience and certainly this may be the case, though I suspect a bug in the current bt4 as far as the iwl3945 is concerned. I sent for a Netgear wg111v2 wireless usb stick which, apparently seems to be working. I'll keep my fingers crossed, though I still hope the iwl3945 issue (?) is fixed now that I find out I'm not the only one with this problem.