Thread: leave broken package installed

Just burned his ISO

Default leave broken package installed

hey all,

so i have an t20 thinkpad that has a savage s3 chipset , which the live cd doesnt boot , it goes to the blank screen with cursor , did some work n found its a known common error with the driver from the lenny guys i got a dpkg to install , forced it to install and i can start x after that and get into gui , it doesnt have accelerated nuffin but its better than what it was before ,

now my problem is when i run synaptic or upgrade anything it states i have a broken package and that it will remove ,

i tried the download only button but it wont finish installing anything if i tell it not to remove the broken package ,

also i followed an idea to add the package to a list in order to avoid this but that just didnt work ,

so i need to figure out a way to not have to uninstall it each and every time , else ill have to bash each time i boot in order to install the package before i startx , and thats not what i want , i eventually want to get it to auto start but i have to use this other deb packaged driver as the one that came with the distro dosent work with my graphics chipset ,

peas hep?

*EDIT*

i rebooted cause i had to sleep , so i shut it down so upon reboot i tried startx first and have discovered that even after updating the system through snaptic even letting it do the remove package , nothing gets effected , it doesnt remove the package , even though the manager says it is ,

and even though the systems useable like this , its bloody annoying , i want it to act right and not tell me i got a bloody broken package all the time ,

Just burned his ISO

The S3 is supported by the savage driver

hxxp://thinkwiki.org/wiki/S3_Savage_IX8

hxxp://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T20