Thread: File system check runs on every boot?

Default File system check runs on every boot?

1.When i start backtrack,every time,i got this massage at boot screen:
    /dev/hda was not cleanly unmounted,check forced
    And i need to wait about 5 minutes before log in into system
    I read somewhere that this hapen becose i format wrong file system(ext2)suposed i was need to creat ReiserFS.
    Anyway i use this tutorial for booting(intellavis.com/blog/?p=29[/url])
    2.I cant acces my Storage Media partition,i store my file in
    Code:
    ./any folder
    ,there is a 70 GB free space
    3.When i shutdonw bt3 there is no option Turn off,just option End Session,and after that im enter poweroff in konsole and i got some error till shutting down.

Thats my little problems

I deside to do triple boot on my laptop,where i will install WindowsXP+Ubuntu+backtrack3.
    I see alote of suport for Ubuntu on internet also for server,so that will be my first step.
    Im also familiar with vwmare,but i dont got good performance with my hardware so im avoiding it.
    For now im sticking on offsec101 book,maybe will take a course when i got enough money.
    P.S.Tnx for guiding me archangel.amael

ADMIN EDIT: Post moved to new thread.
    Please start new threads when beginning a discussion on a new issue.
    That way you may receive help more quickly, because the thread title is more likely to attract the attention requested, and also, as a nice bonus, the forums will be easier for everyone to navigate.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sevic33 View Post
    1.When i start backtrack,every time,i got this massage at boot screen:
    /dev/hda was not cleanly unmounted,check forced
    And i need to wait about 5 minutes before log in into system
    I read somewhere that this hapen becose i format wrong file system(ext2)suposed i was need to creat ReiserFS.
    How are you shutting down the system? If the hdd is not cleanly unmounted it will force this check upon the next boot, that is generally considered normal.

Anyway i use this tutorial for booting(intellavis.com/blog/?p=29[/url])
    Don't know about the tutorial, I have never seen it. It might be ok but I would go with one of the tutorials here on the forums or at the wiki.
    Those are known to work and we can support you with them.
    2.I cant acces my Storage Media partition,i store my file in
    Code:
    ./any folder
    ,there is a 70 GB free space
    You need to mount the partition first.
    see the man page for mount
    Code:
    #man mount
    3.When i shutdonw bt3 there is no option Turn off,just option End Session,and after that im enter poweroff in konsole and i got some error till shutting down.
    Again how you shut down the system can be what is causing your problems.
    generally it is ok to use the menu> shutdown but if you are in a terminal and then issue something like init 0 this can be bad.
    How are you shutting down?
    Are you leaving windows open or programs running that need to be exited first?

Thats my little problems
    I deside to do triple boot on my laptop,where i will install WindowsXP+Ubuntu+backtrack3.
    I see alote of suport for Ubuntu on internet also for server,so that will be my first step.
    Im also familiar with vwmare,but i dont got good performance with my hardware so im avoiding it.
    For now im sticking on offsec101 book,maybe will take a course when i got enough money.
    P.S.Tnx for guiding me archangel.amael
    No problem for the help but remember that just getting BT installed is only the beginning. If you have no idea what you are doing with linux it will only get harder.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.