Thread: Installling backtrack 4 final on a partition other than C: or windows partition

Hybrid View

Default Installling backtrack 4 final on a partition other than C: or windows partition

Hi guys,
    I have downloaded BackTrack 4 final. I would like to install it on a partition that i have already created while installing windows. The problem is the instalation wizard and even forums do not say much about it. You would only have "how to install BackTrack on USB, or windows partition". Can someone help me get to install it on another partition apart from C: (the windows partition).
    Thank you

Default Re: Installling backtrack 4 final on a partition other than C: or windows partition

Have you tried looking for "dual boot"? I am assuming this is what you want to do. There is a walk-through in the How-To section. Other than that, just boot to CD or USB and use the install script

Default Re: Installling backtrack 4 final on a partition other than C: or windows partition

Hello,

First I would delete the partition you created in windows via disk management in windows. Then I would boot up a live DVD, or USB, and follow these How-To instructions:

Hard Drive Install

The only part you will have to modify is step #4 when selecting the partition do not select guided instead select manual. Once manual is selected you can select the available disk space on your drive. and create a new partition. Keep in mind if you want swap space you will have to subtract the amount of space you would like for the swap partition. After you size it correctly you will want to mount the '/' directory to that partition. Once done select the remaining space and select swap space instead of EXT3 and continue with the install.

If all went well you will have BT4 and windows in a dual boot configuration.
    bostonlink - OSCP

Just follow the "Hard Drive Install" tutorial and you are good to go.