Thread: ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3650 Graphics w/ BT4

Just burned his ISO

Default ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3650 Graphics w/ BT4

Good afternoon/morning/evening/etc.

I am not posting this in the hardware issue section, as I am not sure if other people are having this problem, but when I boot from USB to Backtrack 4 and get into the CLI, when attempting to use the StartX command to initialize the GUI for the desktop, I get a white screen followed by a series of epileptic horizontal bars that flash incessantly. Now, using the apt-get command, I issued a apt-get aticonfig (Well, it directed me towards another program, can't remember it off the top of my head) and downloaded the aticonfig for my graphics card. From there, I did a aticonfig command, and it displayed my video card, as well as the driver linux was using. Any thoughts?

Just burned his ISO

I had issues with the same type of GFX card in BT4, I tried almost everything and the outcome was the same, it could be something to do with BT4 as I installed Kbuntu and ubuntu for a time and the driver works fine there.

You card should work with fine without installing any drivers for the ATI Mobility HD and because BT4 is beta we should be happy at that, hopefully BT4 final may allow us to install the driver and have it working fine.

If anyone has installed the driver by ATi sucessfully and has managed to get any mobility HD series GFX card working with acceleration please write a how-to, and share it with the community.

regards

Just burned his ISO

hi, i have the same problem, i tried using vesa driver but get only "vesa configuration not found" or something like this , when i try startx. maybe the final release will work, when the date?

Just burned his ISO

hi, i have the same problem, i tried using vesa driver but get only "vesa configuration not found" or something like this , when i try startx. maybe the final release will work, when the date? in bt3 i start it in vesa mode and it works