Thread: installing ZFS-fuse on BT4beta???

Just burned his ISO

Wink installing ZFS-fuse on BT4beta???

When I try to compile zfs-fuse 0.5 on bt4 beta by this manual

hxxp://hydra.geht.net/tino/howto/zfs/fuse/

I'm getting the following:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
    scons: done reading SConscript files.
    scons: Building targets ...
    gcc -o cmd/zdb/zdb.o -c -pipe -Wall -Werror -std=c99 -Wno-switch -Wno-unused -Wno-missing-braces -Wno-parentheses -Wno-uninitialized -fno-strict-aliasing -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -DTEXT_DOMAIN=\"zfs-fuse\" -DLINUX_AIO -ggdb -O2 -Ilib/libavl/include -Ilib/libnvpair/include -Ilib/libumem/include -Ilib/libzfscommon/include -Ilib/libzpool/include -Ilib/libsolcompat/include -Ilib/libzfs/include cmd/zdb/zdb.c
    cc1: warnings being treated as errors
    cmd/zdb/zdb.c: In function 'zdb_dump_block_raw':
    cmd/zdb/zdb.c:2007: error: ignoring return value of 'write', declared with attribute warn_unused_result
    scons: *** [cmd/zdb/zdb.o] Error 1
    scons: building terminated because of errors.

Any fix for this?

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

First thing I'd try is removing "-Werror" from the list of command line switches. If you're compiling this all by yourself, then just remove "-Werror" from the line that calls "gcc". However if you're using a ".configure" file, then you'll have to open it up and search for "Werror".

(Werror specifies that warnings should be treated as errors, and therefore the program will fail to compile if there's a warning. In this case however, the warning is harmless and you may ignore it.)
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    First thing I'd try is removing "-Werror" from the list of command line switches.
    This should get rid of -Werror in SConscript.
    Code:
    # sed -i 's|-Werror||g' src/SConstruct

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Will that sed command work to get rid of any word in a file? For instance, if I wanted to remove all instances of "allegedly" from a text file, I'd do:

Code:
    sed -i 's|-allegedly||g' mytextfile.txt
    That right?

Handy to know.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Will that sed command work to get rid of any word in a file? For instance, if I wanted to remove all instances of "allegedly" from a text file, I'd do:
    Code:
    sed -i 's|-allegedly||g' mytextfile.txt
    That right?
    Handy to know.
    Yes that particular sed statement will get rid of all words that match the exact phrase "-allegedly" but not "allegedly". Sed can be a very powerful (and at times very confusing) command line argument.

In this particular case, I was using the "-i" (ie. edit file in place) argument with the s (ie. substitution) argument. The first argument would be "-allegedly" and completely deletes it from the file. The "g" argument means that it will replace *all* cases of "-allegedly" by deleting it completely from mytextfile.txt. Here's another example.
    Code:
    # sed -i 's|foo|bar|g' example.txt
    In the above sed statement I replace all phrases that match "foo" with "bar" in example.txt.

Hope this clears it up.

If you want to see some really wicked sed statements take a look at these ebuilds. I can't even begin how to explain them.
    http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py...ld?view=markup
    http://ftp.hs-niederrhein.de/~ftp/pub/linux/gentoo/rsync/games-action/supertuxkart/supertuxkart-0.6.1a.ebuild