Thread: problems with ettercap on wireless

Just burned his ISO

Default problems with ettercap on wireless

Hi, i have a problem with ettercap

i have 2 networks, 1- home ; 2- students hostel
    arp spoofing is successfully at home when i use wired connection. i can sniff both the wired and the wireless data. mitm is also works when i am at this network and do arp spoofing from wireless.

so everything works fine at home.

in the students hostel i want to do the same. our network uses a weak wep. i have the right privilages to use the network.
    so i am associated with the network.
    but when i start arp spoofing with ettercap, the data wont be forwarded.
    i have tested it with my room mate (i wanted to sniff him), we are only 1 room far from the router. the signal is excelent from both laptops.

i got some libpcap write error (i didnt copied the full text, and i dont remember it correctly :S) too.
    (* i found a thread that i have to change some lines in the conf file of ettercap. (to remove "#" from the lines configuring iptables, and to change the first 2 value (they were 65534 as i remember))) the libpcap errors disappeared, but the forwarding still didn't work.

so: using ettercap on wireless at home works fine, but in the students hostel it doesnt want to work.
    (i tested my home network with the same wep key as we use at the hostel, everything works great)
    i have an edimax 7318 usg card (it is rt73 based). i use it with the latest enhanced serialmonkey rt73 driver i was able to get (i use it because it has always worked correctly for me ^^)

Does anyone have any ideas to solve my problem? Or am I doing something totaly wrong?
    Thanks )

*Sorry for bad english

Quote Originally Posted by Slapec View Post
    in the students hostel i want to do the same. our network uses a weak wep. i have the right privilages to use the network.
    so i am associated with the network.
    This actually sounds illegal. You may have the right to use the internet on their network but it doesn't sound like you have the right *authority* to do MITM attacks. Reread the rules of the forum before posting.