Thread: Support for broadcom wireless cards

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Support for broadcom wireless cards

Hello,
    would it be possible to add a support for few types of wireless cards with broadcom chipset? The b43 driver supports some version of it but there are some that are not, such as mine

14e4:4315
    not supported
    BCM4312 - low power
    b43

linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

There is a native driver available for download from their website (broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php), but for some reason it doesn't support the monitor mode, so i really cant use it much.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by blackbyte View Post
    Hello,
    would it be possible to add a support for few types of wireless cards with broadcom chipset? The b43 driver supports some version of it but there are some that are not, such as mine

not supported
    BCM4312 - low power
    b43

There is a native driver available for download from their website (broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php), but for some reason it doesn't support the monitor mode, so i really cant use it much.
    Don't you think it would be easier if YOU just bought a supported card?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

This is a pcmcia card that came with my dell xps m1530.. I did bought a usb dongle to use for this purpose, I just asked if this is possible.
    And btw, "just buy a different card" isnt exactly a solution.

This is a pcmcia card that came with my dell xps m1530.. I did bought a usb dongle to use for this purpose, I just asked if this is possible.
    And btw, "just buy a different card" isnt exactly a solution.
    If "just buy a different card" isn't a solution, you should voice your concern/angerness/rant/whatever to broadcom. This is not an issue specifically related to backtrack, nor to linux or any of its derivatives. It is solely the fault of broadcom's conceitedness in willing to open up their device specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    If "just buy a different card" isn't a solution, you should voice your concern/angerness/rant/whatever to broadcom. This is not an issue specifically related to backtrack, nor to linux or any of its derivatives. It is solely the fault of broadcom's conceitedness in willing to open up their device specifications.
    Not needed regarding angerness , you just need a little bit more of time and you can compose yourself a working bcm43 packet dump/injection atheros-like
    card.
    USE GOOGLE is your golden rule.

I dont want to get flamed for sounding like a retard that has know clue what he is talking about but here are my thoughts....

the card is suported, i have a hp labtop with a broadcom card but i still have to use ndiswrapper because i beleave the little LED switch on the front of the labtop is not supported.... rfswitch drivers? this would be the problem?

Hello,

not supported
    BCM4312 - low power
    b43

Yes, it's possible.