Originally Posted by pen2paper
- Capture the traffic via airodump.
- Decrypt via airdecap
- Use ferret (with the -r [filename])
- Use hamster
By doing it that way - you don't have to be connect to the access point (because your in monitor mode). Therefore you don't have to worry about what interfaces to use, and doing a ARP attack (using arpspoof)
That's odd about sslstrip - try:
The first command - makes sure it is installed.
The second command - should display "help"
In reply to your arpspoof question:
- the -t bit - your selecting your target. You want to put your targets IP address there.
- The next IP address is the IP address your spoofing (in this case the gateway).
- arpspoof I believe is only doing it one way. e.g. tricking the target your the gateway, NOT the gateway your the target.
- and yes if wlan0 is the interface your connect to the network, you need to use that.
Thanks for feedback. Good to know it still works. (=
Originally Posted by siviog1