Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you make a bootable BT3 CD? Need Help!!

Just burned his ISO

Angry How do you make a bootable BT3 CD? Need Help!!

I am having the time of my life trying to make a bootable BT3 cd and have failed a whole lot!!! I have already been through 8 cds and none of them work. I am running windows xp, using magic iso to try and burn the iso image to a cd, and i am wanting to use BT3 Final. If anyone can help out please do so.... I am pretty new at this so it would help out if i can get a step by step instructions on what to do or how to do it. Thanks for taking the time to look at this and offer your help if you do so!!

Have you followed this? http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9618

What issues/errors are you having?

Just burned his ISO

magicISO wont do it thats what i tried first too, use nero. guarantee you it'll work fine.

And believe me, CD burning speed does matter..... go for the lowest possible speed
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

Yes i have followed the tutorial from the link that lincoln had provided and have checked the md5. The md5 is good! I guess the real question would be do i just burn the file that i downloaded from the site to the cd after i make it bootable or is there a certain file that i have to extract from the whole thing to burn to the cd? From the past cds that i have tried to burn and make bootable i just burn the file i got from the site to the cd restart my computer and tried booting it from the cd and all i get is " No Operating System Found". Any advice as to what im doing wrong?

You don't just burn the file that you downloaded....... Try to burn an image and browse to the iso file....
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

As I mentioned in another thread, if you do not know how to burn an iso file to a cd, Backtrack is not the place to start with.

Use Ubuntu first, get more knowledge about Linux and computers in general. Come back if you mastered that. It won't do you any good to jump on BT because you think it will be a cool thing to have with all these l33t h4cking t00ls.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

Omg k do this, Get Nero 8 -> Nero Burning Rom -> Cd-ROM (Boot) -> Load your image file, and voila easy.. Burn w.e speed you want i did max and it was fine, if you want to be safe do lowest space, now you try that and tell me it doesn't work.

Omg k do this, Get Nero 8 -> Nero Burning Rom -> Cd-ROM (Boot) -> Load your image file, and voila easy.. Burn w.e speed you want i did max and it was fine, if you want to be safe do lowest speed, now you try that and tell me it doesn't work.

dvddecrypter. Fast, simple, and free.
    Remeber to burn at lowest speed possible.
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/
    Just select mode -> Iso -> Write
    - Poul Wittig

Just burned his ISO

Alright Lo-Ki I downloaded Nero went through the steps that you have provided, but got stuck!! How would I know which one is the image file? I looked though all my folders and files for BT3 but I really dont know which one it is. I would have kinda figured that it would have said "Image File" but I really dont know if it does or not. If it does then why cant I find it? I know the copy that I downloaded is good cause I checked the MD5 against it. Please advise me on this!! Or someone else help out if you can thanks in advance!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast