Thread: configuration and syslinux.cfg??

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default configuration and syslinux.cfg??

Ok..I am familiar with xorgconfig and xorgsetup for autopolling or manually setting your display and stuff. The question I have is..

LABEL cubez
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (Compiz Nvidia) - Experimental
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 load=cubez,nvidiadriver autoexec=xconf;startnvidia.sh;startx

The underlined area would be my point of interest. Is there a way to get you xconf file and save it to recall in this file. If that is possible, where would you store that file so the syslinux.cfg file knows how to recall it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    Ok..I am familiar with xorgconfig and xorgsetup for autopolling or manually setting your display and stuff. The question I have is..

LABEL cubez
    MENU LABEL BT3 Graphics mode (Compiz Nvidia) - Experimental
    KERNEL /boot/vmlinuz
    APPEND vga=0x317 initrd=/boot/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw chexpand=256 load=cubez,nvidiadriver autoexec=xconf;startnvidia.sh;startx

The underlined area would be my point of interest. Is there a way to get you xconf file and save it to recall in this file. If that is possible, where would you store that file so the syslinux.cfg file knows how to recall it.
    Can you please elaborate a bit more on what you are trying to do?
    Also have a look here for more info on syslinux.cfg
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Sorry, I got discouraged and jumped onto another project and now back again.

I was trying to figure out how to use backtrack on an ACER Aspire with Intel 945 graphics. I realized, during my quest, that I cannot. It is not a backtrack issue as much as a module needed. Since this is a new system compairable to the release of BT3..it would be hard for you guys to include the driver into the core build.

I have found a linux driver for this display adapter..after an hour of searching. I just felt it would be better served as a module pack like the nvidia driver. So, I was on another quest to figure out how to make packages or lzm files with proper deployment.

The question I was asking earlier, after I re-read my post was, if you xorgconfig. Is there a way to recall the setting in a file for a particular PC in the menu so that the changes will not be definate. Complete customization. This maybe an extreme noob question and my lack of understanding linux. If so, I appologize.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    Sorry, I got discouraged and jumped onto another project and now back again.
    Focus Daniel-son.

I was trying to figure out how to use backtrack on an ACER Aspire with Intel 945 graphics. I realized, during my quest, that I cannot. It is not a backtrack issue as much as a module needed. Since this is a new system compairable to the release of BT3..it would be hard for you guys to include the driver into the core build.
    Considering that bt4 beta is out.
    I have found a linux driver for this display adapter..after an hour of searching. I just felt it would be better served as a module pack like the nvidia driver. So, I was on another quest to figure out how to make packages or lzm files with proper deployment.
    The nvidia driver is an executable script. Not sure what you mean by a "module pack". If you want to make or convert a file of one type into another you can do so. But if you only need this file one time on one system then it may not be worth it. You just need to search for the starting file and what you want to convert to.
    For instance deb to lzm will turn a debian based package into an lzm package.
    The question I was asking earlier, after I re-read my post was, if you xorgconfig. Is there a way to recall the setting in a file for a particular PC in the menu so that the changes will not be definate. Complete customization. This maybe an extreme noob question and my lack of understanding linux. If so, I appologize.
    When you run xorgconfig it will setup your keyboard,mouse,monitor,and video card settings. It will also be saved (given that there is a way for the system to save). It will also be recalled the next time you start the x-server. If you want to be able to boot the same media ( a usb stick for instance) on several computers then yes you can make an individual line for each one in the syslinux.cfg. But you are not going to be able to add a whole lot of info. For instance you could add vga=0x317 as in your above example but I don't think you are going to be able to add much more (in the graphics dept.) to it.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.