Thread: Configuring a Linksys WUSB54GC V.3 for Backtrack 3/4

Just burned his ISO

Default Configuring a Linksys WUSB54GC V.3 for Backtrack 3/4

Hello,

First off, I have some experience with Linux, but not with Backtrack. So, I know some basic commands, etc, and don't need any real babying. Now, I recently bought a WUSB54GV v3 from Bestbuy a few hours ago (I was desperate...) and tried getting it to work in BT. Now, I read on the wiki that BT does in fact support the USB dongle, however, it isn't being recognized as a device by BT. I tried using ifconfig rausb0 up as well as checking out network connections, but just can't seem to get it to work. So, I did a wget and downloaded a RT73 driver and installed it using make install. I did modprobes and etc and went to try the ifconfig rausb0 up again and got the same problem, it can't see it. I also tried doing ifconfig to see if it was there, or iwconfig to see if it was there also. I would appreciate any help (and I do use that term rather strictly) on the subject, as I fear someone across the street from my work is sapping off our internets.

Thanks,
    Mr. Nevada

Just burned his ISO

Yea same problem here, haha i have a post with EXACTLY the same stuff your saying haha, its frustrating me!! i tried everything, well almost cuz its still not working according to another thread i read, its not rt73? or something its equipped with uhm..cant remember...rt2500 something? im not positive can't remember the thread, hopefully someone figures this out i'm too noob at linux to trial and error a fix thats for sure. haha.

Just burned his ISO

Is anybody aware of a solution to this problem?

Just burned his ISO

hi, i also have the same problem.
    can someone post a solution to it.
    i had try installing some rt2870 driver for this version 3 but still failed.

Just burned his ISO

Same issue , what I have done to connect to my linksys ADSL modem (WAG54GS) via (WUSB54GC):

# ifconfig rausb0 up
    # ifconfig 192.168.1.100 netmask 255.255.255.0
    # route add default gw 192.168.1.1 rausb0
    # nano /etc/resolv.conf

research (router domain name)
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (domain primary IP)
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (domain Secondary IP)

# iwconfig rausb0 mode monitor
    # iwconfig rausb essid "linksys"

# now the light is flashing but not connecting to my wireless

Note :
    I can see the device but can not connect to my linksys network , i hope there is something that may i have done to let's this things work , my machine is IBM ThinkPad x60