Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am a newbie, and i have a quick question

Just burned his ISO

Default I am a newbie, and i have a quick question

I dont understand how to open a new shell to run aireplay-ng to speed up the data collecting process
    i downloaded and burned the BT3 iso and loaded it. Then i am presented with a black screen, where i am supposed to enter commands. I enter all the necessary commands, but the data collecting is very slow. i know i am supposed to open a new shell and type aireplay-ng -1 0 -1 etc etc
    but HOW DO I OPEN A NEW SHELL? what is the command?

ADMIN EDIT:
    Please use descriptive thread titles, as per the forum rules.

"I am a newbie, and i have a quick question" is a candidate for deletion.
    In fact, if you had have used a sensible and descriptive title (and content!) perhaps other members wouldn't now be getting confused about what you are really attempting to ask!?

If you are having troubles with that, you should start to learn the Linux basics.

It seems that you are playing with stuff you have no clue off.

And it is not cool to just try out and hack your neighbors wifi.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    If you are having troubles with that, you should start to learn the Linux basics.
    It seems that you are playing with stuff you have no clue off.
    And it is not cool to just try out and hack your neighbors wifi.
    I second the above.
    Might want to stick with something a bit easier for a while.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

I would like to help you but i really dont know how?
    Your problem is total new area for me.
    Maybe you must contact some of linux gurus to tell you how to open new shell when one is still running?
    And i think that command for opening new shell is pretty hard to write if it exist.
    Or maybe is just better to crack wep in windows where is all click you dont have to write.

Have nice day and good cracking at windows xp/vista.

It would seem that you log in and didn't start start x so when you start running commands there is only one terminal. If you read the MOTD there is a option, 'startx'. Try it and see what happens.

Developer

I think he means how to change in the frame buffer which is alt+f2 - f7. f8 and f9 and reserved for the X server. Like some others have mentioned though you should maybe learn some basic linux first. Also as another person mentioned startx will give you a gui and you can open as many shells as you have ram.

1. Handsome-geek, your reply is totally useless.

2. KMDave is totally right.

3. "I am a newbie, and i have a quick question" is totally crap as a title for your thread. Check out the forum rules!
    Don't eat yellow snow :rolleyes:

A wrote this because i am annoyed about people how have many questions but dosent know basics.

I was also in his skin and i am still new in Bt but i want people to learn that general if you want to know something about computers in general you must read read.

I could also ask questions for every step which i dont understand but i read read and read i was not lazy.
    And if you have will and love it you will learn it without anyones help.
    I wrote this for his good. If we will be tolerate for every question then one day someone will come to us and ask: "I am very intersent in BT and hacking wep keys but i dont know how to burn iso file."

If he want to hack wep keys then manmike can send me private message and i will tell him how to do it with wesside-ng.

People must learn there is no easy way to learn anything especially something like BT.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome-geek View Post
    A wrote this because i am annoyed about people how have many questions but dosent know basics.

I was also in his skin and i am still new in Bt but i want people to learn that general if you want to know something about computers in general you must read read.
    If that's the message you wanted to get across why didnt you just tell him to read more?

Saying "I would like to help you but i really dont know how?" and "Maybe you must contact some of linux gurus to tell you how to open new shell when one is still running?" is really just wasting space, because you've added nothing new to the discussion and instead just told the guy to do what he thinks he has already done.

Oh and yes, the OP needs to learn Linux basics first.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

ive been looking for this same information. thanks for helping us noobies out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast