Thread: Battery Monitor...

Just burned his ISO

Default Battery Monitor...

Guys, I have an MSI Wind u100 and I've installed backtrack 3 final to the hard drive. I've gotten everything to work exactly how I want it except for one thing. I got the wireless card to work, I got it to display in 1024x600 resolution, and I got slapt-get working. The only thing left is the battery monitor. I'm afraid it's going to take a lot more work...

When I go into the "laptop battery" settings, it tells me, "Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI installation. ACPI was probably enabled, but some of the sub-options were not - you neet to enable at lease 'AC Adaptor' and 'Control Method Battery' and then rebuild your kernel."

I've never had any experience with rebuilding a kernel. I have no idea where I would even start with this. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t0406peru View Post
    I've never had any experience with rebuilding a kernel. I have no idea where I would even start with this. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!
    Start with these guides.
    3 ubuntu specific
    4 ubuntu specific
    Those should be enough to help get you started.
    Might also try
    ubuntu battery monitor
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

You mean the applet which tells you the strength of your battery life? If you are having a battery problem with your laptop, use synaptic and reinstall "klaptop". That should fix any problems with your battery.