Thread: RT2860 - Packet Injection? (ASUS 1000HE)

Just burned his ISO

Default RT2860 - Packet Injection? (ASUS 1000HE)

Okay, so I've been rolling through all the forums, and it seems that recently someone has been able to get a driver set going for the RT2870, and they claim "it should work" on the RT2860, however, it doesn't. I suspect the RT2860 driver set needs to be patched in whatever way the RT2870 set is.

Is there anyone out there that has managed to pull this off?

Just burned his ISO

Wink

what did you install to get your wifi works??
    I had the same eeepc

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy6996 View Post
    Okay, so I've been rolling through all the forums, and it seems that recently someone has been able to get a driver set going for the RT2870, and they claim "it should work" on the RT2860, however, it doesn't. I suspect the RT2860 driver set needs to be patched in whatever way the RT2870 set is.

Is there anyone out there that has managed to pull this off?
    dam people never know when to look for there information. i mean actually look. in forums and other sites. did you ever think of using google or look at the companies site for the driver itself. heres a hint(ralink 2860)
    They ran this hack in V.M.O., so I'm isolating the A.P.I., and just booting the host. -Matthew Farrell

Just burned his ISO

Try doing a search on this forum for "1000HE" without the quotes and you will find a great how too and you will also find other great things for your 1000HE. My Wifi on my 1000HE works fine and injects although the range is a little weak.

Just burned his ISO

Well one thing I've been seeing is that SOME 1000HE's come with the atheros card, and some come with the ralink 2860. I still haven't found a driver set that allows the ralink 2860 to inject. I can get it to work with wireless.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by marcaine View Post
    Try doing a search on this forum for "1000HE" without the quotes and you will find a great how too and you will also find other great things for your 1000HE. My Wifi on my 1000HE works fine and injects although the range is a little weak.
    Did your 1000HE come with the ralink 2860 card, or did it come with the a different card? If you are using the 2860, where did you locate a driver set that supports injection? I have found the 2.1.1.0 driver set which works with BT4, but it does not support injection.

Just burned his ISO

Wink

Ok so found a way to detect my card using airmon-ng

1) Download the last driver from ralinktech
    2) tar it
    3 Make and make install
    4) modprobe the driver (rt2860sta)
    5) airmon-ng
    and now you have a driver ra0

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by rdump71 View Post
    Ok so found a way to detect my card using airmon-ng

1) Download the last driver from ralinktech
    2) tar it
    3 Make and make install
    4) modprobe the driver (rt2860sta)
    5) airmon-ng
    and now you have a driver ra0

You can get the RALINKTECH drivers to install, but they do not support packet injection.