View Poll Results: x64 or not in BT4 !!!

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Those in favour - say..... hell yes

0 0%
  • Those opposed - say.... hell no

0 0%
  • Those sitting on the fence - say... ouch

0 0%
  • Those who aint got a clue - come and join the club

0 0%

Thread: 64bit and Gnome - any chance in BT4 ??

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default 64bit and Gnome - any chance in BT4 ??

Any chance of x64 support in BT4 along with Gnome - ideally based on Ubuntu LTS version.

I know its not christmas - but if i wish enough and early enough - maybe somebody would listen.

Quote Originally Posted by dogscahonas View Post
    Any chance of x64 support in BT4 along with Gnome - ideally based on Ubuntu LTS version.

I know its not christmas - but if i wish enough and early enough - maybe somebody would listen.
    No. No chance in hell. There's no need.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

Polls suck! There is not much chance of gnome being in backtrack being really it sucks.

Someday a 64 bit version will probably be implemented but it is a long way off.

The funny thing is that most people only want 64 bit because it sounds cool. There are very few apps in bt which could take advantage of being 64 bit and most of those are already patched for high memory so really its not a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Polls suck! There is not much chance of gnome being in backtrack being really it sucks.

Someday a 64 bit version will probably be implemented but it is a long way off.

The funny thing is that most people only want 64 bit because it sounds cool. There are very few apps in bt which could take advantage of being 64 bit and most of those are already patched for high memory so really its not a priority.
    Hey, speaking of, how much ram does BT4 show on your superduper computer?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    The funny thing is that most people only want 64 bit because it sounds cool.
    As I recall someone stating here at our forums, x64 bit must be better than 32, its double as many!
    - Poul Wittig

hope yes.
    i am not happy to see only 3Gb ram
    acer 5920g , 345abg , nvidia 8600m
    bt5 kde 64bit + acpi + cuda 4.0 / nvidia 270.40 / pyrit