Thread: BT4 Final airoscript FIX

Default BT4 Final airoscript FIX

Using the BT4 Final airoscript program will result in a SCAN error. It can be fixed by uninstalling both aircrack-ng and airoscript and installing the latest svn versions.

A

Default Re: BT4 Final airoscript FIX

That is not a valid fix. Manually installing these tools will prevent you from getting updates of aircrack in the future, unless you want to maintain it on the distro yourself.

Thanks for your feedback. Just updating airoscript via /usr/local/share/airoscript with the command airopdate does not resolve the SCAN error. And, not sure whether utilization of airopdate OR re-editing the airoscript program/script will satisfy your request. At the moment, the aircrack-ng version and airoscript version introduced in the BT4 Final are incompatible. So, I guess this thread should be transferred to the "BUG" section.

A

just my .02 cents... a fresh install of BT4 final, and I get the scan error as well - specifically "ERROR: You have to scan for targets first" after u run #1 = scan, u get the error upon selecting option #2 = select (select target) my laptop is (acer aspire 3003WLCi which has a "Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g" internal adapter) - even apt-get update/upgrade/dist-upgrade and the issue still exists. for now Im using same "fix" as alacrityathome until the proper correction. thanks for the post!

trellis

Aircrack-NG suite is fine, Airoscript is not - you don't need to purge the former, neither the latter. Just get the SVN version (you'll need to tinker with that nevertheless, it's buggy and suffers from bad arguments here and there), but you won't break the updates.

edit:
    why do my posts break at 80 columns? lol. Gotta find a way to fix that.
    Last edited by trellis; 01-17-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Buon Giorno

You may have been using a Netbook to get the 80 columns.

Airoscript and Gerrix wifi cracker are both great programs and both have their advantages. Airoscript is maintained within the Aircrack-ng community and is updated with any change in the aircrack-ng release......that is why you are usually successful in resolving any mismatch by pulling in the svn of both programs. Also built into the aircrack-ng program is the command "airopdate" that allows the user to do a GUI script update of either aircrack-ng or airoscript or both.

Unfortunately, in the case of BT4, the two programs were not aligned prior to the launch of BT4 Final.

A

Just burned his ISO

In having the same issue although from what I have seen is and argument issue

Default Resolved

The terminal command:

"apt-get update && apt-get upgrade"

now pulls in the most recent airoscript which will no longer have the SCAN error.

A
    Last edited by alacrityathome; 01-19-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by alacrityathome View Post
    The terminal command:

"apt-get update && apt-get upgrade"

now pulls in the most recent airoscript which will no longer have the SCAN error.

A
    This didn't work for me. Any other ideas on how to fix Airoscript? I am guessing the latest updates broke it again.
    Last edited by bones; 06-28-2010 at 04:30 AM.