Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Voiding warranties for fun and .... fun!

Good friend of the forums

More than 2 antennas there are useless since they will break eachother's coverage, afaik. Even 2 antennas must be on a specific distance, and this setup is a small compromise with that rule. However, it looks damn good... what I want to find out is how to do it without damaging my lappy.. probly with some strong, but dissolvable glue? My case is aluminum so glue should do it, can remove it easy later.

Quote Originally Posted by xorred View Post
    More than 2 antennas there are useless since they will break eachother's coverage, afaik. Even 2 antennas must be on a specific distance, and this setup is a small compromise with that rule. However, it looks damn good... what I want to find out is how to do it without damaging my lappy.. probly with some strong, but dissolvable glue? My case is aluminum so glue should do it, can remove it easy later.
    Someone in the know told me the spread is about 5.5" inches. These antenna's would have been almost exactly that. I've got a different computer with 8 antennas about 1.5" apart, but they run in monitor mode, so it's not so bad. The hard part for your laptop is where would you route the pigtails? Under the mounts on mine there are quarter inch holes for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathray View Post
    I'm more interested in if it can stay up-right without holding your hands on the keyboard.
    It was sitting up with no help for the pictures. Though if I tilt the screen much farther back it falls over.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

do the rp-sma connectors interfere with the back of the monitor?
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectZero View Post
    do the rp-sma connectors interfere with the back of the monitor?
    Nope, that's why it's mounted in the metal thingies. (That's a technical term right there...)

When I get home in an hour or so, I'll post up a few close up shots of them.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

New shots are up.

And for when you absolutly positivly have to connect...

Good friend of the forums

O M G
    SDSEPC - Self Defense Spy EEE PC!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12