Thread: Aireplay-ng Question

Default Aireplay-ng Question

I doing a bit of testing on BT4 beta, with my router and i seem to have a problem when i send out this command:

Code:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 -e "name" wlan0
    When the "Authentication" message comes up it does not follow through and establish Authentication. But says the message 10 times and halts, saying a bunch of possible problems to fix the solution.

I am using a 1000HE pc with the ath9k driver for the wifi card (which is the bug fix). BT4 beta is installed to my computer. I have used this attack in the past which a good success rate on a bootable USB and not have problems with BT3 beta, final and BT4 beta sense it was not a hard drive install. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My guess it is a driver issue? I have a Atheros Chipset, again with the ath9k driver.

Thank you =)

So your saying this worked on BT3 with the same router and same card?

Based on that alone its going to be a driver prob.

Check out the aircrack site as they will be of more help then we will on the driver issue.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Do you have a "mon0" interface? With the new distro, if you use airmon-ng to create a new interface, it will create "mon0". wlan0 will still be there but not in monitor mode. I'm not sure if this is the same with atheros drivers, but if you do have that interface, try using it instead of wlan0.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsnpr View Post
    Do you have a "mon0" interface? With the new distro, if you use airmon-ng to create a new interface, it will create "mon0". wlan0 will still be there but not in monitor mode. I'm not sure if this is the same with atheros drivers, but if you do have that interface, try using it instead of wlan0.
    yes it does create that device. i will try this right now. and get back to you.

Yea man, that was it. mon0 was the device that should be used. Thank you for the knowledge. XD