Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: About RT2870sta (Ralink)

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Hey,

    I have the edimax 7318usg dongle which i believe has the 2870 chipset? I tried your instructions but when i modprobe the card is not visible in ifconfig / iwconfig?

    Help !!!!!

    Thanks!

  2. #12
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Drivers form producer site:

    ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Linux.html
    See for RT2870USB(RT2870/RT2770)

    ralinktech.com.tw/data/drivers/2009_0521_RT2870_Linux_STA_V2.1.2.0.tgz

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kroliczy View Post
    Drivers form producer site:



    See for RT2870USB(RT2870/RT2770)

    NO!!!
    Stop telling people to get the driver from ralink site, its not a good driver. you might as well use ndiswrapper b/c its just as good.

    Use my driver, plug in your USB stick and type:
    lsusb

    you'll get the device ID. If your confident in editing c++ source, then edit the rt2870.h file in the include folder to add your device ID, if not post the output from lsusb here and i'll add it to the driver for you. this works 99% of the time (the other 1% of the time is your card isnt rt2870 chipset)

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Hi, lsusb wont work for me as the card is not picked up?

    Quote Originally Posted by apocolipse269 View Post
    NO!!!
    Stop telling people to get the driver from ralink site, its not a good driver. you might as well use ndiswrapper b/c its just as good.

    Use my driver, plug in your USB stick and type:
    lsusb

    you'll get the device ID. If your confident in editing c++ source, then edit the rt2870.h file in the include folder to add your device ID, if not post the output from lsusb here and i'll add it to the driver for you. this works 99% of the time (the other 1% of the time is your card isnt rt2870 chipset)

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiptoe View Post
    Hi, lsusb wont work for me as the card is not picked up?
    ok if lsusb isnt picking it up then you are shit out of luck, lsusb is driver independant, meaning it lists the deviceID's of ALL devices plugged into USB ports. So if lsusb doesnt show the card, then the card is bad or you have some problems with your usb ports. try typing lsusb with the card unplugged, then plug it in, then do a lsusb again about 10-15 secs later, see what changes.
    Again, the driver doesnt matter, if its a usb device, lsusb will show what it is

    after some googling i found that your edimax 7318usg accually uses the rt2571 chipset, so the rt73 driver should be sufficient in getting it working. Like i said in the above post your problems may stem from the fact that your USB isnt picking it up at all

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Thanks for taking the time to help me ..

    I changed usb port and got lusb to work although i noticed if you remove / add the dongle back in the device id changes everytime?

    although when i

    make && make install
    modprobe rt2870sta
    ifconfig

    i still only see lo interface?

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Your devID shouldn't change, it's hard coded in the USB so if it's changing something else is going on. But as I states your device doesn't have rt2870 chipset and should fully work with the rt73 driver that is included in BT4

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Ok weird one but i retried this a few times and now get a wlan1 showing in ifconfig, if i open spoonwpa / spoonwep the card still isnt shown though?!

    Quote Originally Posted by apocolipse269 View Post
    Your devID shouldn't change, it's hard coded in the USB so if it's changing something else is going on. But as I states your device doesn't have rt2870 chipset and should fully work with the rt73 driver that is included in BT4

  9. #19
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15

    Default

    hey apocalipse269 i hope u still read this post, never the less i will do a second post in your official driver thread.
    i tried to use your drivers, but when doing the "make && make install" i get the following error:

    Code:
    root@bt:/media/cdrom/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse# make && make install
    make -C tools
    make[1]: Entering directory `/media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/tools'
    gcc -g bin2h.c -o bin2h
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/tools'
    /media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/tools/bin2h
    cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/Makefile
    make  -C  /lib/modules/2.6.30.9/build SUBDIRS=/media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.30.9'
    
      WARNING: Symbol version dump /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.30.9/Module.symvers
               is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions.
    
      CC [M]  /media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.o
    /media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c: In function ‘RTMPReadParametersHook’:
    /media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:778: error: ‘struct task_struct’ has no member named ‘fsuid’
    /media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:779: error: ‘struct task_struct’ has no member named ‘fsgid’
    /media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:780: error: ‘struct task_struct’ has no member named ‘fsuid’
    /media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:780: error: ‘struct task_struct’ has no member named ‘fsgid’
    /media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:1369: error: ‘struct task_struct’ has no member named ‘fsuid’
    /media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.c:1370: error: ‘struct task_struct’ has no member named ‘fsgid’
    make[2]: *** [/media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux/../../os/linux/rt_profile.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/media/cdrom0/rt2870-2.6.27-apocolipse/os/linux] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.30.9'
    make: *** [LINUX] Error 2
    Is there any chance you know whats going wrong here?

    thanks in advance!

    EDIT:

    if i could find your thread...aaarrrghh....

    okay additional info (added from lsusb Output):

    Code:
    {USB_DEVICE(0x06F8,0xE030)}, /* Guillemot Corp. */      \
    It's a Hercules DraftN Stick (HWNU-300), thought that could be useful.

  10. #20
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Okay after finding the thread and reading it i want to leave a mark here for all fellow backtracker's with the same issue:

    APOCALIPSE Driver will fail to compile due to kernel changes. Apocalipse himself switched to another card and is no longer able to give support.

    He gave the advise to stick with the following driver:
    h**p://forums.remote-exploit.org/bt4beta-working-hardware/23407-alfa-awus050nh-rt2x00-compat-wireless.html

    Have fun guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •