Thread: HP presario B1900 laptop and Broadcom wireless card can't inject packets enquiry

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

hey guys! I am new to this forum so forgive me if I had posted this in the wrong section or if it had already been posted. I have a HP Presario B1900 laptop with Broadcom wireless card. When I tried testing for packets with the command aireplay-ng -9 eth1, it says unable to inject packets. I am just wondering whether is this due to my broadcom wireless card or my HP presario laptop? Because I am thinking of purchasing a new usb wireless adapter, either Dlink or netgear. Cheers!

hey guys! I have got a laptop HP presario B1900 and I have broadcom wireless card build-in. When I tried to test to see whether this supports injection with the command aireplay-ng -9 eth1, it says trying probe requests..... no answer..... found 0 APs. I have heard how bad broadcom is, so I just bought a USB DWL 140 usb wireless adapter by dlink and when I did the same test, it says...... Trying broadcast probe request...... No Answer.... Found 1 AP....Trying directed probe requests..... Ping.... 7/30.... 23 %..... injection is working! I am just wondering whether is this good news?

but when I enter the command aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 ra0.... it says..... sending authentication request (open system) (this is repeated a few lines down) Attack was unsuccessful. What does this mean? because I thought injection was working and that brought a bit of bright hope because my broadcom did not show any injection. Cheers!

Just burned his ISO

broadcom wireless card... what drivers? if you resorted to ndiswrapper...forget injection. hell, even if you didn't it's a crap-shoot. ( /me is NOT a fan of Broadcom ).

also, be sure to check the wiki for (un)success stories on that model, as well as a full site-search on the errors that you are getting.

if that doesn't help, be sure to post all relevant info (errors, etc.) before asking again.

Hear no evil, Speak no evil...and you'll never be invited to a party.