Thread: BT3 EEE PC 901 Wireless problem

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 EEE PC 901 Wireless problem

Hey!

So I'm testing out the usb version on my eee pc and I got the graphics to work and wireless to connect to my router... but... even through it says it has a good connection established.. the internet doesn't seem to be working. As in I cannot connect to any website.

What could be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by iamhe View Post
    What could be the problem?
    Any number of things.

Work your way up the OSI stack to troubleshoot. First confirm the wireless card has associated with your AP. Then confirm you have an IP address assigned. Then confirm you can ping that IP address, then ping your default gateways address, then ping a machine on the Internet by IP address. Check DNS resolution works. Confirm no firewall is filtering your traffic.

Assuming you have a simple network that is connected to the Internet properly, the most likely cause of the problem is that you haven't setup the wireless interface in Backtrack properly. Searching the forum here will help you find information on how to do this.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Alright so, I have an inet addr: 192.168.1.105 .. thats my ip address on the network and I can ping it..

when i try to ping google.com it shows this:

PING google.com (209.85.171.100) 56(84) bytes of data.
    then it just hangs... forever and doesnt do anything until i exit.. and shows me something like this:

49 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 48012ms

so as you can see it didn't make it anywhere..

still havn't figured this out

Quote Originally Posted by iamhe View Post
    Alright so, I have an inet addr: 192.168.1.105 .. thats my ip address on the network and I can ping it..

when i try to ping google.com it shows this:

PING google.com (209.85.171.100) 56(84) bytes of data.
    then it just hangs... forever and doesnt do anything until i exit.. and shows me something like this:

49 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 48012ms

so as you can see it didn't make it anywhere..

still havn't figured this out
    Can you ping your router ?

Can you ping google from another computer connected to the network?

Assuming everything is connected correctly and there is no firewall setting in place to screw with things, Im going to have to take a guess and say its something to do with the MTU settings. However if that is the case dont ask me for help as im still just learning about it. Altho i do know it can and has been the cause of allot of problems with non connectivity under linux.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Just burned his ISO

Yes and Yes

that's why it makes no sense to me as to why I can't connect to the internet.

So there's no hope for wireless on my eee?

No one knows what could be the problem?

Is there anything I could provide to help determine the problem?