Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Hazards - Alfa USB 500mW (alfa users come have a look)

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I will be quite frank.
    I read this entire thread, and still do not know definitively whether it causes harm or not.

    I'm gettin an Alfa 500mW, it's in the mail and I have to wait 10-30 days.
    When it arrives, what tests should I do that could help figure out the solution to this question?

    (I am not willing to deliberately jeopardize my testicles in any experiment)

  2. #22
    Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    8,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    I will be quite frank.
    I read this entire thread, and still do not know definitively whether it causes harm or not.

    I'm gettin an Alfa 500mW, it's in the mail and I have to wait 10-30 days.
    When it arrives, what tests should I do that could help figure out the solution to this question?

    (I am not willing to deliberately jeopardize my testicles in any experiment)
    Plug it in and tape it to your head.

    You know I'm sorry, but that's a really dumb question.
    Darwin Awards anyone?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

  3. #23
    My life is this forum Barry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    I will be quite frank.
    I read this entire thread, and still do not know definitively whether it causes harm or not.

    I'm gettin an Alfa 500mW, it's in the mail and I have to wait 10-30 days.
    When it arrives, what tests should I do that could help figure out the solution to this question?

    (I am not willing to deliberately jeopardize my testicles in any experiment)
    Used properly it won't cause harm. The important part of that statement is properly. Keep it a safe distance from you or other living things, a couple to a few feet. If you stick a directional antenna on it, don't point it at living things for any length of time.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

  4. #24
    Junior Member NaZirCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    71

    Default

    About a year ago, after a couple of months of severe pain in my abdominal region, the doctors told me that i have a terminal phase of colon cancer. Since i have no genetical predisposition for cancer since 200 years ago, immediately i thought of Alfa and/or RF radiation. After exhaustive talks and research (don't ask me for the details... ) with some of best european doctors in the field of radio-therapy, the conclusion was that high-power adapters didn't cause the cancer.
    They gave me a six months survival chances. I said, if i'm going to die, i won't die with an cheap built-in wireless adapter, so i've continued to use the Alfa. The cancer retreated, never to come back.
    So we might just as well talk about the healing power of Alfa or the similar high-power adapter.
    Beer is served only to members of the trade union!

  5. #25
    Senior Member streaker69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaZirCon View Post
    About a year ago, after a couple of months of severe pain in my abdominal region, the doctors told me that i have a terminal phase of colon cancer. Since i have no genetical predisposition for cancer since 200 years ago, immediately i thought of Alfa and/or RF radiation. After exhaustive talks and research (don't ask me for the details... ) with some of best european doctors in the field of radio-therapy, the conclusion was that high-power adapters didn't cause the cancer.
    They gave me a six months survival chances. I said, if i'm going to die, i won't die with an cheap built-in wireless adapter, so i've continued to use the Alfa. The cancer retreated, never to come back.
    So we might just as well talk about the healing power of Alfa or the similar high-power adapter.
    That is purely anecdotal evidence at best. No one here ever said that the RF emissions would cause cancer, but it was asked if it could cause damage.

    I can say that I would not want MW's emanating close to certain vital organs as those organs are known to be more susceptible to damage than others.

    Glad you're ok though.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

  6. #26
    Junior Member NaZirCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That is purely anecdotal evidence at best. No one here ever said that the RF emissions would cause cancer, but it was asked if it could cause damage.

    I can say that I would not want MW's emanating close to certain vital organs as those organs are known to be more susceptible to damage than others.

    Glad you're ok though.
    While we're at it, i forgot to say that those fancy doctors said this kind of radiation CAN cause the genetical troubles. Actually, regarding the cancer, they know nothing, because it's sooo individual illness, to say at least. But they said that there's a chance for a down sindrome babies and all those weird diseases...
    Beer is served only to members of the trade union!

  7. #27
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Well its been a week i'm using the alfa now.. And it has no effects on me whatsoever. Long term? Heck who would know..

    I'm just guessing its totally safe for usage. Just take preventive measures and one would be alright.

    Alfa + directional antenna... = REALLY FLY HIGH. I'm sure some beings might feel headaches in the long run though.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    42

    Default

    i know how we can test this! someone spam the mythbusters suggestions board! i can picture jamie and adam having a hayday with this!
    -Wes-

  9. #29
    Junior Member NaZirCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Glad you're ok though.
    Seems the cancer makes me senile...thanks, streaker
    Beer is served only to members of the trade union!

  10. #30
    Good friend of the forums
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    425

    Default

    One experment you could try is put corn beef in the microwave for 3 mintues on high and then cut it in half. See how far it pentrated the meat, look for the brown color. That part should have raising more than 5 degrees.
    Your nuts get damaged if they go above 1-2 degrees in heat.

    About the microwave radation, water mocules are in a arrow shape, when exposed to MW radation they spin on there axis, createing heat more than other shaped mocules.

    Sorry for the spelling its dark.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •