Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hazards - Alfa USB 500mW (alfa users come have a look)

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Hazards - Alfa USB 500mW (alfa users come have a look)

Just got a new alfa usb. Though there are some rumours that says that 500mW is extremely hazardous for the human body, I'm still in a state of confusion whether it is true or not.

I did a little calculation and found out that wifi is in a range of microwaves - (10^-3) of a wavelength. Excessive use might bring about mutation of genes, especially those who has balls. Might get them fried.

What do you guys think? Help us to help ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by adonishermall View Post
    Just got a new alfa usb. Though there are some rumours that says that 500mW is extremely hazardous for the human body, I'm still in a state of confusion whether it is true or not.

I did a little calculation and found out that wifi is in a range of microwaves - (10^-3) of a wavelength. Excessive use might bring about mutation of genes, especially those who has balls. Might get them fried.

What do you guys think? Help us to help ourselves.
    If you search around we've had conversations about this already. Yes wifi is in the same range as microwaves, that's why your wifi kicks off if you have a pos or old microwave.

http://web.mac.com/barrywoods/Site/W...tenna_Mod.html

It's pretty easy to tell when the microwave fires up, and that was one with a good seal on the door. Imagine what an old one would look like.

Anyway, as long as you stay a few feet away from the antenna you'll be alright. Just make sure you stay under the fcc limits. If you're a guy, I'm guessing you are, we don't get too many chicks here, keep it away from your eyes and balls, they are the most sensitive to microwaves.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I am currently looking for a wifi card that puts out 1kW. That way if I can't hack the AP, I can alteast fry it!

Just burned his ISO

Well thx for the info..

I've just ran some tests and found out that the concentration emitted by Alfa is high up to 2 metres. This is disturbing. Haha. A couple of my friends said they've experienced headaches. And yes I'm very much aware of the other conversations. Just wondering if any of you had other opinions in it..

Well thx for the info..

I've just ran some tests and found out that the concentration emitted by Alfa is high up to 2 metres. This is disturbing. Haha. A couple of my friends said they've experienced headaches. And yes I'm very much aware of the other conversations. Just wondering if any of you had other opinions in it..
    I've definitely had odd RF burn type experiences (not my balls tho )
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

i read about this somwhere i forget but, it talked about how the type of electromagnetic radiation that wi-fi and most types of electronic communication use is really low energy. You'd probably get a higher dose of radiation from a plane ride than a lifetime of living in a home with wi-fi.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by toxic veins View Post
    i read about this somwhere i forget but, it talked about how the type of electromagnetic radiation that wi-fi and most types of electronic communication use is really low energy. You'd probably get a higher dose of radiation from a plane ride than a lifetime of living in a home with wi-fi.
    You may actually want to do a little bit of research as to how MW energy effects the human body.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Well I'm a science student. I know all about waves than most people do.

Knowing that it is mW power, do not underestimate the severe damage it can do. One can transmit a gamma ray at 1mW, yet it can cause tremendous health damage.

The thing about wifi microwaves is that it has a 10^9 Hz. (GHz). Its reciprocal is small. Though so, it might not be enough to penetrate the skin. Visible light has the frequency of 10^14 Hz.

This is why its such a controversial question to many.

Btw Barry, FCC regulations in the US is 200mW. Alfa is 500mW.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Well I'm a science student. I know all about waves than most people do.

Knowing that it is mW power, do not underestimate the severe damage it can do. One can transmit a gamma ray at 1mW, yet it can cause tremendous health damage.

The thing about wifi microwaves is that it has a 10^9 Hz. (GHz). Its reciprocal is small. Though so, it might not be enough to penetrate the skin. Visible light has the frequency of 10^14 Hz.

This is why its such a controversial question to many.

Btw Barry, FCC regulations in the US is 200mW. Alfa is 500mW.
    500mW = .5W

Let's review how a Microwave oven works. On full power, the oven is emitting MW's 100% of the time, but on let's say half power, the oven is only emitting MW's 50% of the time. The amount of power it's radiating doesn't really change, just the duty cycle.

Now let's translate that into using a 500mW wifi card in close proximity of your testicles or eyes. While it may not instantly feel hot, eventually over time, it will heat up and cause damage. Why the testicles and eyes? Because they have the highest concentration of water than other parts of the body. MW's excite the water molecules and cause them to heat up.

I believe you're also mixing metaphors when you're talking Gamma radiation and MW radiation.

MW's are kind of like poison, it's not the poison that kills, but the dose. If you really believe that 500mW isn't enough to cause damage, then I suggest you take your alfa, stick it in your pants for a couple of hours and see how you feel afterwards. After all, science is about proposing a theory and then proving or disproving the theory.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If you really believe that 500mW isn't enough to cause damage, then I suggest you take your alfa, stick it in your pants for a couple of hours and see how you feel afterwards. After all, science is about proposing a theory and then proving or disproving the theory.
    I don't care to see this in action but the after affects write up would be ok to read maybe.
    Of course I have had couple RF burns from military radio's and well it hurts!
    There was a time when we didn't have any good reliable test equipment for radio antenna matching units, so the "commo guys" would use light bulbs and place them on the metal contacts and turn on the radio. If the light bulb lit up then the matching unit was ok.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast