Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE! obtain router serial

Default HELP PLEASE! obtain router serial

I have two Tiscali siemens gigaset se587 routers, and i want to obtain the router serial using my wireless laptop.
    I have windows xp and backtrack 2!
    Is there a simple program that will get it for me?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by slim76 View Post
    I have two Tiscali siemens gigaset se587 routers, and i want to obtain the router serial using my wireless laptop.
    Isn't the serial number stamped on the label on the bottom of the Router?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Isn't the serial number stamped on the label on the bottom of the Router?
    You know, the thing about SE is, you actually have to be good at it to fool those of us familiar with it....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    You know, the thing about SE is, you actually have to be good at it to fool those of us familiar with it....
    Besides, BackTrack 2 is sooo last year!
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Yes the serial is on a sticker under the router!
    Yes i already have the passkey!
    Yes it's my own router!
    No i'm not doing anything illegal!
    I have my own broadband and don't need to steal anyone else's, I'm just trying to learn and see what's possible and what's not!
    I have recently switched ISP from Tiscali to Sky as i kept having trouble with their service and their routers, and now i have two spare tiscali siemens gigaset router's that i thought i would play with!
    I understand what i'm asking is a bit of a grey area, but as you can see im only trying to pentest my own network!

Why do people respond to posts for help when they just say stupid things like (Besides, BackTrack 2 is sooo last year!)??
    And what does SE stand for?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Yes the serial is on a sticker under the router!
    Yes i already have the passkey!
    Yes it's my own router!
    No i'm not doing anything illegal!
    I have my own broadband and don't need to steal anyone else's, I'm just trying to learn and see what's possible and what's not!
    I have recently switched ISP from Tiscali to Sky as i kept having trouble with their service and their routers, and now i have two spare tiscali siemens gigaset router's that i thought i would play with!
    I understand what i'm asking is a bit of a grey area, but as you can see im only trying to pentest my own network!
    What is SE?
    Umm, if the serial number is on the bottom of the router, many times it is not in the Firmware of the device, so unless it is, there isn't much chance of you retrieving it via any means other than walking your butt over there and picking it up.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Cheers for that mate, thats the sort of help i'm looking for!
    I'm very grateful for your sensible response, unlike other people.

And what does SE stand for?
    Social Engineering.

To what end? How would you benefit by obtaining this information wirelessly?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Oh i see!
    I dont understand why he made that remark when i clearly provided enough details about my routers!
    I posted the SSID's, MAC's, wpa2 Passkey's and i even posted the formula to work out the default passkey!
    How would i know all this and have the passkeys and all the other details if i didnt own the routers?

Oh i see!
    I dont understand why he made that remark when i clearly provided enough details about my routers!
    I posted the SSID's, MAC's, wpa2 Passkey's and i even posted the formula to work out the default passkey!
    How would i know all this and have the passkeys and all the other details if i didnt own the routers?
    I want you to re-read that last post you made and understand that when I call you an idiot, I meant it....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast