So all this info can be found other places but rather than making someone search and search for it like i had to i figured id make everyone's life a little easier and combine it all here. BIG thanks to "timstewart" and "secure_it" Please keep in mind that im less than 2 weeks into linux so there might be some mistakes, but pm me and ill edit this.

My goal from the get go was to make fake AP's as it had just interested me for some time. You could always use my method here haha you gotta give me an A for effort atleast. But anyways i found mdk3 and that works MUCH better.

First thing we are going to want to do is switch to the old ieee drivers, i have no clue if they where used in bt3 but im thinking yes, I also have no idea what the existing bt4 alfa drivers are ... there mac something "mac8187 maybe" anyways fill me in if you know ill update this.

We need to switch the drivers for a few reason but the most important is that they just seem to work better. They seem to have much more power and can pick up many more networks than before the switch. However i sit next to my AP for testing so that doesnt matter much. Also mdk3 is NOT going to work without the old drivers which means if you want fakeap's then youll need to make the switch. "please note the ieee drivers WILL NOT CONNECT TO WPA/WPA2's WITHOUT NDISWRAPPER or you could revert to the mac drivers"

I am also going to say this rite now as mdk3 is some powerfull shit
DONT USE IT FOR EVIL!!!

Ok so first things first open up bash and type this. You can also navigate to the location and open it with kate but doing it in bash makes you just feel smarter.

nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
A quick note, the blacklist file is basically a list of the drivers that are installed but that we dont want to load. Nano is a bash text editor btw.

Scroll down to the bottom and paste this line in there.

blacklist rtl8187
Now that we have told BT4 not to use the current drivers on the next reboot we need to install the ones we want it to use, the ieee ones.

Ok there is a way to do this all in bash but for whatever reason i cant get wget to work rite now so just download these 2 files manually.

http://patches.aircrack-ng.org/rtl8187_2.6.27.patch
http://dl.aircrack-ng.org/drivers/rt...ux_26.1010.zip

You might have to right click and choose save as for the first one as it doesnt want to automatically save.

We need to extract whats inside the zip so make sure your in the same directory as your files in bash and do

unzip rtl8187_linux_26.1010.zip
There are also 2 tar files that need to be extracted so do

cd rtl8187_linux_26.1010.0622.2006/
tar xzf drv.tar.gz
tar xzf stack.tar.gz
You can do all this in Konqueror but its good to learn bash and it's also easer to explain.

There is one file that needs to be edited before we can start so once everything is extracted do

nano beta-8187/r8187.h
You need to scroll down to lines 46 and 47 and change 'asm' to 'linux' it should look like this

#include <asm/io.h>
#include <asm/semaphore.h>

and needs to be changed to

#include <linux/io.h>
#include <linux/semaphore.h>
Now we need to move the .patch file into the rtl8187_linux_26.1010.0622.2006 folder, I just do it through the GUI but you can also do it through bash, either way when its there we can start patching the file

Making sure your in the rtl8187_linux_26.1010.0622.2006 folder and rtl8187_2.6.27.patch is in there also do

patch -Np1 -i rtl8187_2.6.27.patch
now all we need to do is give it the make commands so do

make
make install
After that we just do a simple reboot, when your back up to make sure its working and do

airmon-ng start wlan0
If it says r8187 under driver it worked, if it still says rtl8187 make sure you followed everything exactly and that you wrote blacklist rtl8187 in the blacklist file.

Now to switch back and forth between drivers just edit the blacklist file to contain blacklist "blacklist rtl8187" or "blacklist r8187" respectively "Im sure there is a better way than rebooting so if someone wants to fill me in im all ears"

Assuming you got that installed correctly lets move along to mdk3, I had originally wrote this with easy to follow steps but im having second thoughts. This way atleast total n00bs wont get it ... or atleast i hope.

apt-get install gcc-4.2
Grab the mdk3 package from here

http://homepages.tu-darmstadt.de/~p_...dk3-v5.tar.bz2

Edit the mdk3-v5/osdep/common.mak

CC = $(TOOL_PREFIX)gcc
needs to be changed to

CC = $(TOOL_PREFIX)gcc-4.2
then

make
make install
Thats it your now finished have fun and let me make this suggestion, if your planning on using this for "evil" DONT! You will be caught and you will get in trouble and i personally hope you end up in jail.

"this is my little search engine hack lets see if it works"

mdk3 backtrack alfa card reverting alfa drivers ieee alfa drivers alfa fakeap bt4 alfa drivers bt4 alfa fakeap fakeap.pl alfa bt4 fakeap installing backtrack 4 fakeap alfa mdk3 bt4 mdk3 alfa drivers backtrack4