Thread: BT3 kernal error on USB

Just burned his ISO

Angry BT3 kernal error on USB

I am new at this whole BT3 gig and I jst installed BT3 onto my USB drive. I restarted my computer and it gives me the kernal error! Please help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonusmc View Post
    I am new at this whole BT3 gig and I jst installed BT3 onto my USB drive. I restarted my computer and it gives me the kernal error! Please help!!!
    Take note of the exact kernel error you get, Google search it, and check some of the results to get an idea of what the problem might be and how to fix it. If you don't get useful results for your first search, try some other search terms. Look at results that don't mention BackTrack as well, information about other Linux boot CDs may be applicable.

Once you've done this, if you cant resolve the problem yourself, post back the exact error message, what you have tried so far to fix it and what the results were, and someone here may be able to provide some more assistance.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Red face Fixed kernel error for usb BT3!!

Well i was able to fix my kernel which was "could not find kernel: Linux". I did my research like i was previously instructed to do and found out how. All i had to do was reformat my usb stick to "Fat" instead of "Fat32". Now i have another issue and that is when BT3 gets done loading it tells me that i have a corrupt download! I downloaded the usb version of BT3 from remote-exploit.org/backtrack_download.html. If anyone knows of a website that i can go to to download a good copy of BT3 or help me out with my orrent version then please let me know.

This is the right place to download from

http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack_download.html

After you downloaded, did you check that the download completed correctly by calculating the hash of the file?

Google for "check md5 hash" if you don't know what I'm talking about.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Also to the OP the md5sum is on the link that lupin gave you.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up

I finally found out that I have bum copy of bt3! I researched on how to do a md5 check sum and it came up with a different number than what it is on the link that Lupin had sent me. So, I am going to download it again from the site that was sent and go from there. I appreciate all the help that yall have provided for me!! Once I get done downloading it again and installing it ill let you know what happens! Like Ive said before I am fairly new at this so if you have any other suggestions on cracking WEP please let me know. Thanks again!!

Just burned his ISO

Talking Im up and running!!

Alright I just completed the new download and installation onto my USB and everything is running great!! Thank you for the help!!