Thread: Urgent: BackTrack Tool Source

Just burned his ISO

Default Urgent: BackTrack Tool Source

Folks,

I am trying compiling sipbomber of OpenSUSE 11 but no luck. I need BackTrack source to see what fixes have been done by the BackTrack folks so that I can do the same and get sipbomber compiled on my system.

Can someone point me to how I could access the source files for sipbomber that comes with Backtrack?

Much thanks.

Shan

Developer

Well this has nothing to do at all with backtrack. The source is included in the distro like we try to do with every tool.

It's on the wiki (although I fear you're going to have a h377 of a time finding the wiki).
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shanbe View Post
    Folks,

I am trying compiling sipbomber of OpenSUSE 11 but no luck. I need BackTrack source to see what fixes have been done by the BackTrack folks so that I can do the same and get sipbomber compiled on my system.

Can someone point me to how I could access the source files for sipbomber that comes with Backtrack?

Much thanks.

Shan
    You don't need the sources to figure out how to compile sipbomber.
    I compiled it just fine in Gentoo and had nothing to do with the bt sources.
    Just follow the readme.
    You need to ensure that the QTDIR environment is set correctly.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by shanbe View Post
    Folks,

Much thanks.

Shan
    When all else fails goto the source:
    http://metalinkltd.com/downloads.php

Notice the comments from July of last year and people talking about SipBomber on OpenSuse.
    Based on the comments over there I'd say you probably will need the source.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Appreciate your replies. Here is where I am.

I had already tried downloading from the sipbomber site and implemented various suggestions as well. I got through to solve many errors at least 20 of them but now I am stuck at a point I have no clue of. I wrote on the sipbomber site as well but no response.

I understand from Pureh@te that the source ships along with the distro. Sorry for that but I am a newbie, can you point me to how to extract or find the source? I have BT3 installed on Virtualbox & I have the ISO file as well with me.

Just burned his ISO

I have taken one baby step forward.

1. I mounted the bt3 iso
    2. used lzm2dir to extract pentest.lzm to a directory on system

Now I need is the name of lzm file that contains source of these tools.

Look forward to your critical help here.